Mammola, Reggio Calabria, Italy

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Mammola, Reggio Calabria, Italy

Post by nuccia »

Hi There,

I was wondering if anyone has done any research from Mammola Italy. I believe my grandmother, Domenica Caterina Fuda was born there (although this is not confirmed) and moved to Locri where she died in 1975. I am interested in exchanging information.

She never travelled outside Italy and no one (including my DAD) knows the names of her parents or where she was from.

Hope someone can help!

Nuccia :D
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Mammola, Reggio Calabria, Italy

Post by jcsm400 »

Hi Nuccia,

Do you have her death act? .....Yes?...Doesn't state place of birth?

Have you written church in Locri to find out when she became a member?

How is new job going & do you like it? Done with school?

Hugs,

jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

HI Joyce,

No, unfortunately I haven't done really anything with my grandmother's family...I did however do some on my grandfather in November of last year. That's how I started with this. Then I got involved with my maternal grandparents and put this one on hold...have very little info and none of my family knows much. I believe she was from Mammola but I'm trying to confirm before I start ordering films and such.

With the new job, I'll be off early everyday so I'll be able to go downtown to the FHC and view films easier and still be home early! Will start new job after next week. I finished school until September...wanted to take a break to get familiar with my job and to concentrate on my research while the weather is nice.

She was born August 24, 1889 and died in Locri March 15, 1975...no parents names known and family members may be...

Francesco, Rosa, Maria, Concetta, Carmela, and Domenico.

Found and interesting manifest for Francesco Fuda whose wife was Carmella Fuda, fatherinlaw Vincenzo Fuda going to Montreal in 1920...would like to know more.

Nuccia
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by jcsm400 »

Nuccia,

Thanks for update on your life! Good idea to take a break......new job will be stressful enough til you get familiar with it.

As for your grandmother, think you should write civil office (you know how) for her death act. Hopefully, it will show where she was born + her parents' names.

Here is the zip for Locri.

89044 Locri (RC)

Have a great day & a very HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY.

Joyce
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

nuccia wrote:Hi There,

I was wondering if anyone has done any research from Mammola Italy. I believe my grandmother, Domenica Caterina Fuda was born there (although this is not confirmed) and moved to Locri where she died in 1975. I am interested in exchanging information.

She never travelled outside Italy and no one (including my DAD) knows the names of her parents or where she was from.

Hope someone can help!

Hello Nuccia,
on Domenica Caterina Fuda death act saved to Ufficio Stato Civile - Comune di Locri, there should be written where and when she was born, so you can request an "estratto per riassunto dell'atto di morte" (abstract of death act, also aking for her parents names.
With these datas, write to Ufficio dello Stato Civile of the comune she was born and request an "estratto dell'atto di nascita" (abstract of birth act) asking for her parents names.
Requests have to be written in Italian,
I hope it helps
bye Riccardo
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Thank You Riccardo! I'll do that!

Hugs
Nuccia
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
[raven]
Rookie
Rookie

Post by [raven] »

nuccia wrote:Hi There,

Hope someone can help!

Nuccia i'm from Locri. Reggio Calabria, and my father work in "Comune di Locri". Mammola is a little town at 25-30 Km from Locri. Tell me what you want to know.

--------NEWS!!!------------
I call my father, he going to check what you want, but you need to wait. At least, Monday you have what you want to know.
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

raven,

I was going to ask you this morning where in italy you were located... I have fsmily that stills lives on via timeo..is that near you?

Here's what I would like to know...
Domenica Caterina Fuda born August 25, 1889 in maybe Mammola married ?(I don't know the first name...maybe Enrico) Angilletta from Ardore or Locri. They had 1 child and he died in WW1. Domenica then married the brother of the first Angilletta..my grandfather Francesco Bruno(born Mar 23, 1895 in Ardore died Jan 21, 1989 in Locri) and they had six children. They married I think in the comune di locri about 1920..children names are Maria, Angela, Cosimo, Rocco, Concetta, and my Dad Damiano.

I would like to know who were Domenicas parents and if possible siblings..
Who were Francesco Bruno parents(from Ardore)and the names of his brothers and sisters..especially the name of my grandmothers first husband.

Raven, if you can help me with this I would be truly appreciative. My father has bad memory (very Bad) and His sisters are all old so it makes it hard to talk to them. My Italian isn't good and their hearing is bad...

Do you live near vis timeo? You can PM if you like and we can exchange more..

Thanks!

Nuccia (Erminia)
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
[raven]
Rookie
Rookie

Post by [raven] »

My father call me, i can tell you only that the name of her first housband was Enrico and the marriage year is the 1913. My father tell me that exist in Locri one Fuda's Family that are friends of my dad and that this family live in Canada for much years and later come back here. You know something about this??
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

There was a Fuda Family living in Toronto but I'm not sure of the relation..if you PM me with their first names I'll ask my dad..he'll know for sure.

Thanks for the confirmation of the name of my grandmothers first husband..I guess I need to write away for everything else.

Thanks
Nuccia
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
[raven]
Rookie
Rookie

Post by [raven] »

Not yet. My father find only this because at saturday all the office are closed and from her pc can see only this. Wait and trust in my father power :P
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Thank you so much! I'll wait then.. :D :D :D :D

Hugs
rosa25

Post by rosa25 »

mi abuelo nicola fuda nacio 6 diciembre de 1884 mammola se que tenia hermano y tambien que cuando viajo a argentina dejo esposa e hijo aca tuvo otra esposa con la que tuvo a carmela fuda mi mama quiciera tener noticias de la familia de mammola
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Translation for Nuccia:

My grandfather Nicola Fuda was born on December 6,1884 in Mammola and I know he had a brother and, further when he immigrated toArgentina he left behind his wife and son and took another wife in Argentina and had a daughter Carmela. My mother wishes to know more about the family in Mammola, Italy......
=Peter=
~Peter~
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Thanks for the translation Peter! My Spanish is horrible. I do have some information on a few Fudas and am in contact with a few ladies who are researching Mammola. They may be able to help.

Meanwhile I will look through the records I have and see if I can help at all.

Rosa, please feel free to email me.
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database