In need of a history lesson

As a nation state, Italy has emerged only in 1871. Until then the country was politically divided into a large number of independant cities, provinces and islands. The currently available evidences point out to a dominant Etruscan, Greek and Roman cultural influence on today's Italians.
qualdom
Veteran
Veteran

Re: In need of a history lesson

Post by qualdom »

MarcuccioV wrote: 27 Apr 2021, 17:03 I take after that ethic. I started my construction trade in my early teens and am still at it at age 58...
You made a wise choice. The message that is sent to young people is that college/university is the only path to financial success, which is wrong. Too many people overlook a trade which can be a great career, and can be quite lucrative.
MarcuccioV
Master
Master

Re: In need of a history lesson

Post by MarcuccioV »

qualdom wrote: 27 Apr 2021, 19:26
MarcuccioV wrote: 27 Apr 2021, 17:03 I take after that ethic. I started my construction trade in my early teens and am still at it at age 58...
You made a wise choice. The message that is sent to young people is that college/university is the only path to financial success, which is wrong. Too many people overlook a trade which can be a great career, and can be quite lucrative.
Absolutely. My father was a technical writer. He wrote the tech manuals for the guidance system for the SR-71 Blackbird. The most intelligent man I ever knew. Never got a degree. He used to say, a degree was nothing but a document. The value was in the person...
Mark

If you ignore your foundation, your house will eventually collapse...

Surnames: Attiani Belli Bucci Calvano Cerci DelBrusco Falera Latini Marsili Mattia Mezzo Nardecchia Pellegrini Piacentini Pizzuti Pontecorvo Recchia Topani Ziantona & Zorli