Question about Italian Family's Coat of Arms (Stemma Famiglia)

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
CaptainCatholic
Veteran
Veteran

Question about Italian Family's Coat of Arms (Stemma Famiglia)

Post by CaptainCatholic »

Hello everyone!

I am in the process of making a picture of my family tree to hang up in our house! I was going to include a picture of the "Di Gennaro / De Gennaro" coat of arms (stemma famiglia) on the family tree.

I finally found an image of the exact stemma famiglia I would like to use - it's on this website under "Principi de Gennaro": http://i-nobili-gentiluomini-napoletani ... nei_6.html

Unfortunately, the price to obtain a high quality image of the stemma is far more than I can afford (500 euros! I was surprised - I am just using it for personal use, not commercial use).

Does anyone know of any other resource that might have the same image of the De Gennaro coat of arms for a more affordable price?

My other question - where do all of the coat of arms on this website come from? (i.e. where is the person who made this website getting all of these coats of arms from? I am assuming he is not just making them up? Haha. I would like to know the original source where they can be found!).

Thanks so much for any information!!!
Tony
Marcello D'Aleo

Re: Question about Italian Family's Coat of Arms (Stemma Famiglia)

Post by Marcello D'Aleo »

During your genealogical research, were you able to document your direct descent from the noble De Gennaro family? Or is it just a homonymy?
Visit my website! www.sicilygenealogy.com
mmogno
Master
Master

Post by mmogno »

CaptainCatholic
Veteran
Veteran

Marcello D'Aleo wrote: 26 Jul 2021, 19:28 During your genealogical research, were you able to document your direct descent from the noble De Gennaro family? Or is it just a homonymy?

Ciao Marcello! In speaking with an Italian cousin of mine who still lives in the town in Italy that my ancestors immigrated from, it sounds like we descend from the De Gennaro family whose stemma this belonged to! I have not been able to trace that far back, but it sounds like my cousin said this particular stemma has been passed on in our family for some time (it is a bit hard to understand him though - I speak Italian poorly and he does not speak English well!).

Do you happen to know where I might be able to find the exact image below? (Without the watermark?). I'm confused as to where these images originally come from. The only place I've seen this exact image online is the website listed above, but it has a watermark and is blurry (and the blog owner no longer has the original image without the watermark).

This is the exact image my cousin emailed me a picture of - but unfortunately the pictures he sent me of the stemma are also blurry (he is a bit older!).

Thanks so much for any help!
Tony
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CaptainCatholic
Veteran
Veteran

Hey thanks mmogno, that is a very cool image!!