Y Haplogroip Map

Genetic genealogy is the application of genetics to traditional genealogy. Genetic genealogy involves the use of genealogical DNA testing to determine the level and type of the genetic relationship between individuals.
darkerhorse
Master
Master

Y Haplogroip Map

Post by darkerhorse »

I thought this map would be of interest to those who know their Y haplogroup.

It displays only the highest or dominant haplogroup.

Mine is R-1b in Western Europe, representing my direct male line living in Sicily since at least the 1700s.

There is a Y-DNA Adam.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
darkerhorse
Master
Master

Re: Y Haplogroip Map

Post by darkerhorse »

There's also a R1b in Africa, but mine is the R1b-M269 in Western Europe.

Does anyone know how they are related, and if the similarity in codes means that I might have African ancestry?
MarcuccioV
Master
Master

Post by MarcuccioV »

darkerhorse wrote: 01 Aug 2021, 00:37 There's also a R1b in Africa, but mine is the R1b-M269 in Western Europe.

Does anyone know how they are related, and if the similarity in codes means that I might have African ancestry?
I wanted to wait a bit to see if anyone responded.

Y-DNA mutates more rapidly than mtDNA (that's why there are many, many more Y-DNA subclades than mtDNA clades & subclades). Although both lines are tied to R1b (and even R-M269), they merge too far back to be related as far as African ancestry goes.

For that you have to go considerably farther in human history, closer to Y-"Adam".

Sometimes more than one branch of a particular Y-clade can have similar mutations but still be unrelated except at the branching point.

To the extent of having African ancestry, yes, but many thousands of years ago. The only way to confirm or disprove more recent African ethnicity is through DNA testing...
Mark

If you ignore your foundation, your house will eventually collapse...

Surnames: Attiani Belli Bucci Calvano Cerci DelBrusco Falera Latini Marsili Mattia Mezzo Nardecchia Pellegrini Piacentini Pizzuti Pontecorvo Recchia Topani Ziantona & Zorli
telesino
Rookie
Rookie

Post by telesino »

I2a2 who migrated into Italy since at least 1572.
darkerhorse
Master
Master

Post by darkerhorse »

Is the theory that we all originated from Africa considered "settled science" or do some scientists maintain simultaneous and separate evolution of humans in different parts of the world?
MarcuccioV
Master
Master

Post by MarcuccioV »

darkerhorse wrote: 05 Oct 2021, 01:10 Is the theory that we all originated from Africa considered "settled science" or do some scientists maintain simultaneous and separate evolution of humans in different parts of the world?
Everything I have seen shows both Y-Adam & mt-Eve originated in East-central Africa, which at the time were most likely VERY different from that part of the world today...
Mark

If you ignore your foundation, your house will eventually collapse...

Surnames: Attiani Belli Bucci Calvano Cerci DelBrusco Falera Latini Marsili Mattia Mezzo Nardecchia Pellegrini Piacentini Pizzuti Pontecorvo Recchia Topani Ziantona & Zorli
darkerhorse
Master
Master

Post by darkerhorse »

I just came across a school of thought that evolution of humans occurred independently at different times in different parts of the world. That seems to make more sense to me. It might be called convergent evolution.