Help needed with marriage registry translation. Guiseppe Russo 1847

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Dunio1962!
Elite
Elite

Help needed with marriage registry translation. Guiseppe Russo 1847

Post by Dunio1962! »

Can I please have this record translated. Please include the names and professions of the couple being married. As well as the names and professions of the parents if possible. Along with the date. Thank you very much.
John

Image 11 # 9
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Re: Help needed with marriage registry translation. Giuseppe Russo 1847

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Marriage No 9: Giuseppe Russo and Sarafina Zappavigna

Marriage Promise: 14 November 1847 in town of Tresilico

Right Column: They were married in the parish of Santa Catarina on the same day.

Appearing before the official were:

Groom: Giuseppe Russo, 30 yo, born in Mili Inferiore (Messina), ferraio (blacksmith), living in Tresilico, son of the deceased Marco (Russo), a bracciale (day labourer), and of the deceased Filippa Cala’, who had both lived in Tresilico when living.

Bride: Sarafina Zappavigna, 21 yo, born in Tresilico, living in Tresilico, daughter of the deceased Saverio (Zappavigna) and of the deceased Rosa Mazzapica?, who had both lived in Tresilico (when living).

The banns had been affixed to the door of the town hall of Tresilico on 17 October 1847.
Amongst the documents (allegati/processetti) that were presented before the marriage could proceed were:

The birth records of both groom and bride.
The death acts of both the father and the mother of the groom.
The death acts of both the father and the mother of the bride.
The notificazione (marriage bann which resulted in no opposition to the marriage taking place)

Edit to Add:
It also says that the bride and groom were unable to exhibit the death acts of their respective paternal grandfathers. I’m understanding that this was because they did not know where their deaths had taken place, nor where they were living. (The writing is not so clear and I can’t catch all the words. I'll take another look later.)

Angela
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Re: Help needed with marriage registry translation. Guiseppe Russo 1847

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Here is the link to the cover page of the processetti, which also lists the documents (extracts) included in the marriage package.
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0

This will take you back further, as it includes the death records that were listed in the marriage document (previous post). You may want to post them separately for translation, or I could chip away at them over the next few days when I have a minute. (I normally look for the original record as sometimes the extracts contained in the processetti have errors in them.)

(Looking quickly through the processetti documents, it looks like the Giuseppe Russo's mother's surname may be Cali' rather than Cala'. Finding the original records will help verify.)

Angela
Dunio1962!
Elite
Elite

Post by Dunio1962! »

Thank you for all your help Angela.
John
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master