Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
I’m trying to find information about Giovanni Campana. He was born in March 28, 1866 in Italy and died in March 12,1952 in Ohio USA. He was married to Louisa Napoli. They migrated to USA in the early 1900’s I believe. I’m trying to find information about his parents.
Any information would be very helpful.
Tjohnsonrol wrote: 22 Nov 2021, 14:20
I’m trying to find information about Giovanni Campana. He was born in March 28, 1866 in Italy and died in March 12,1952 in Ohio USA. He was married to Louisa Napoli. They migrated to USA in the early 1900’s I believe. I’m trying to find information about his parents.
Any information would be very helpful.
Tammy
The researchers here will most likely need a place of birth to locate records. Unfortunately, both surnames are spread throughout Italy so a little more info will go a long way...
Mark
If you ignore your foundation, your house will soon collapse...
Surnames: Attiani Belli Bucci Calvano Cerci Del Brusco Falera Giorgi Latini Marsili Mattia Mezzo Nardecchia Pellegrini Piacentini Pizzuti Pontecorvo Recchia Topani Ziantona & Zorli
Hi - Someone has him in their Ancestry family tree. If it's not your tree, then they have two pieces of information that might help you. They list Giovanni's father as Gaetano Campana, and they identify his hometown as Longobucco in the province of Cosenza.
Tjohnsonrol wrote: 22 Nov 2021, 16:45
Is this stating that Giovanni was 25 when he passed?
No. It indicates his father Gaetano was 25 when Giovanni was born. Gaetano's father Domenico was deceased at the time of Giovanni's birth.
Giovanni's death is not recorded here.
Hi, my grandfather was Gaetano, great grandparents were John & Louisa. There is no Domenico. Grampa was the only one born in Italy, all siblings born in USA. He was married to Philomena Salerno Campana & passed away in 1984. You can email me for more information: grammie2967@yahoo.com
During the mass emigration from Italy during the century between 1876 to 1976, the U.S. was the largest single recipient of Italian immigrants in the world. However, their impact was not as great as countries like Argentina and Brazil. That was due to the fact that hundreds of thousands of immigrant...