Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Thank you I agree that I’ll need it. I sent a record request to Mississippi but the person I spoke with said the office might not process my request since I didn’t know the county. There are 82 counties in MS, and the most likely one came up empty in an index search.
Not sure where in Mississippi you are looking, but you might want to check out a freelance researcher to see if they can help you.
The greatest exodus of modern history has been that of the Italians. Since 1861, more than twenty-four million departures have been recorded. In the space of just over a century a number almost equivalent to the amount of the population at the time of the unification of Italy emigrated abroad. It wa...