Boston Manifest

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
KrazyZia
Rookie
Rookie

Boston Manifest

Post by KrazyZia »

Hello everyone!

I've begun collecting papers for dual citizenship via Father-Grandfather bloodline. My grandfather Peppino Raffaele Brunetti was born October 3, 1911 in Casalvecchio Di Puglia, Provincia Di Foggia. He, my grand-uncle Mateo Brunetti, and my great-grandmother Maria Brunetti (DeLoia is her Maiden Name) traveled together from Naples to Boston sometime between 1915 - 1917. I believe that would put them on the CANOPIC, but I have not found any Boston ship lists yet. I would love to see this proof of their travel.

Does anyone have access to this information?
mfjp
Master
Master

Re: Boston Manifest

Post by mfjp »

KrazyZia wrote:Hello everyone!

I've begun collecting papers for dual citizenship via Father-Grandfather bloodline. My grandfather Peppino Raffaele Brunetti was born October 3, 1911 in Casalvecchio Di Puglia, Provincia Di Foggia. He, my grand-uncle Mateo Brunetti, and my great-grandmother Maria Brunetti (DeLoia is her Maiden Name) traveled together from Naples to Boston sometime between 1915 - 1917. I believe that would put them on the CANOPIC, but I have not found any Boston ship lists yet. I would love to see this proof of their travel.

Does anyone have access to this information?
Yes...!! :P

Info below - as transcribed...

Name: Matteo Brunetti Arrival Date: 13 Feb 1917 Age: 12 years Estimated Birth Year: 1905 Gender: Male Ethnic Background: Italian (South) Port of Departure: Naples, Italy Ship Name: Canopic Port of Arrival: Boston, Massachusetts Friend's Name: Antonia Brunetti Last Residence: Italy Birthplace: Canelvecstiro, Italy Microfilm Roll Number:244

Will be linking you the actual manifests shortly.

mfjp

4th from the bottom of the page
page 1

http://img395.imageshack.us/img395/6771/matpage13lg.jpg

page 2

http://img395.imageshack.us/img395/9252/matpage22yc.jpg

Maria
KrazyZia
Rookie
Rookie

Post by KrazyZia »

Thank you so much! This is so exciting!
- What cannot be achieved in one lifetime will happen when one lifetime is joined to another.
= Researching Brunetti, D'Aloia, Delfanti, & Milani Family Names. Casalvecchio Di Puglia, & other Arbëreshë communities.
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

Hi Zia,

The info you provided was right on. Finding a ships record was a breeze. :P

Found this 1920 census record as well, would this be your family?

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/2025/b ... 9208wn.jpg

Name: Joseph Brunette
Estimated birth year: abt 1910
Birthplace: Italy
Race: White
Home in 1920: Milford, Worcester, Massachusetts
Sex: Male
Marital status: Single
Relation to Head of House: Son
Year of immigration: 1916
Able to read: Yes
Able to Write: Yes
Mother's Birth Place: Italy
Father's Birth Place: Italy
Image: 761

mfjp
KrazyZia
Rookie
Rookie

Post by KrazyZia »

Yes, right on! This is great! You're a pro with this stuff!
wisemonkey
Rookie
Rookie

Post by wisemonkey »

I am searching for the ship manifest for the SS Canopic. I am looking for my grandfather, Giambattista Ricci. The ship arrived in Boston 05/12/1908 sailing from Naples.

Any help you can give me will be much appreciated.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Hello and welcome to the forum.....lots of great help here at ItalianGenealogy!!

However, could you start your own thread with this topic, that way, posters can keep the two families and research separate, and avoid any confusion.....Thanks!!
wldspirit :D