Translation of margin comments on death record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
weevie833

Translation of margin comments on death record

Post by weevie833 »

Below is the 1825 death record of Carlo Vito Graffeo who was a Capo in a royal hunting party originating from the Piana de Greci area of Sicily. There is a detail here that does not make sense.

https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 61/wrOAdBG

The death record indicates that his wife was Teresa Dragone, though this is highly unlikely. Just two years before in 1823, the marriage Processetti documents clearly show that his wife is Maria Teresa Vinci, though Teresa Dragone and Tomasso Dragone are mentioned among those documents. There are no death records for Maria Teresa (Vinci) Graffeo between 1823 and 1825.

Since Maria Teresa Vinci was only 16 in 1823 and her father was deceased, I believe Tomasso Dragone was the person who consented to the marriage (it might have been both Tomasso and Teresa Dragone). So, there is definitely a relationship between Carlo Vito Graffeo and Teresa Dragone - but not as his wife.

However, the text in the margin of Carlo's death record appears to my amateur translation attempts to refer to both women as his wives. In prior Processetti documents, I have seen death records of a prior spouse, but not in this case.

What do the notes in the left margin say?
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Translation of margin comments on death record

Post by liviomoreno »

Carlo Vito's profession is Royal musical band leader

The side note states that the wife is Maria Teresa Vinci, not Teresa Dragone.
weevie833

Post by weevie833 »

Thank you! That clears things up.

From what I have been able to derive, "banda de cacciatori reali" translates to "band of royal hunters." Is that just an idiosyncrasy of translation? There is a document in the Processetti from the Reggimento Cacciatori della Guardia consenting to the marriage, so I assume this is a military outfit.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

I believe that Banda here can only refer to a musical band (of the royal hunters regiment)
otiscavin

Post by otiscavin »

In a gaming landscape dominated by big-budget blockbusters and soulless cash grabs, kinitopet stands out as a shining example of what indie developers can achieve when they're given the freedom to pursue their creative vision.