Rosasco Family. Heads up!

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
MaddalenaNYC
Veteran
Veteran

Rosasco Family. Heads up!

Post by MaddalenaNYC »

I’m a Gardella whose ancestors were from Neirone. I’m set. I have my lineage.
I am now attempting to help, whom it appears to be a distant relative on my Gardella line. She is also a Rosasco.

The Gardellas and the Rosascos did intermarry in the old country, also the Schiappacasses.

Calling all and any Rosascos to join in on this.

We are looking for an Angelo Rosasco, born Italy, circa 1866. Married Paolina Gardella, in NYC in 1888.
We have the US documents.
The mystery is Angelo Rosasco, possibly born as Angelo Rech.

If there are any Rechs and Rosascos out there, please join in to help.

Thank you.
mmogno
Master
Master

Re: Rosasco Family. Heads up!

Post by mmogno »

Please post info and documents/links relative to Angelo Rosasco/Rech: Dob, parents, manifest, marriage and death records.
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?” 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦 🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
MaddalenaNYC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MaddalenaNYC »

Hi Mogno. Thank you for chiming in.
The Angelo Rosasco we have shows that he was born in Italy in 1866. We have this from his marriage record in Manhattan 1888, and his death record, Brooklyn, 1948. And from the manifest which shows him coming to NYC in 1887.
All under the surname of Rosasco.
His death record, Brooklyn, 1948, only lists his parents’ first names, Giovanni and Catterina.
The marriage record in NYC lists his parents as Giovanni and Katie Rosasco.

My distant cousin, his great granddaughter, has found that he might have been born Angelo Rech, son of Giovanni Rech from Seren del Grappa, Belluno, Veneto.

I’m not convinced that Angelo Rosasco is also Angelo Rech. But, of course, I could be wrong.

Any help you could provide would be very much appreciated. If you need anything more from me, let me know.
Best regards.
mmogno
Master
Master

Post by mmogno »

MaddalenaNYC wrote: 17 Mar 2024, 00:49 ...
My distant cousin, his great granddaughter, has found that he might have been born Angelo Rech, son of Giovanni Rech from Seren del Grappa, Belluno, Veneto.

Where did she find this information?
Can you please post the manifest of the landing in NYC in 1887?
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?” 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦 🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
MaddalenaNYC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MaddalenaNYC »

I can’t as I am an idiot in these things. I’ll see if my son can help me.

Be back soon.
Thank you, as always, for your help.
mmogno
Master
Master

Post by mmogno »

MaddalenaNYC wrote: 17 Mar 2024, 00:49 ...

Where did she find this information?

First Name : Angelo
Last Name : Rosasco
Nationality : Italy
Place of Birth : Italy
Date of Arrival : 1887
Age at Arrival : 21
Ship of Travel : Normandie
Manifest Line Number : 1

https://assets-heritage.statueofliberty ... _00592.jpg
MaddalenaNYC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MaddalenaNYC »

You got it. That’s the Angelo Rosasco in question. Upon information and belief, I believe my distant cousin, Deidre, had found information concerning her great grandfather, Angelo, from family trees posted on Ancestry. I do not believe that she has any other documents except for Angelo’s marriage to Pauline Gardella in 1888 in Manhattan and then his death in Brooklyn 1948.I could be wrong.

Personally, I’m not a great fan of those family tree submissions on Ancestry as I have found many errors in my own family tree that others have created and when I object, since, for goodness sake, I knew these people of whom they list, I never receive a reply.

The question is. Was Angelo Rosasco a son of Giovanni Maria Rech. Both born Veneto with Giovanni Rech having died in Vienna circa 1872?

Thanks again for your help.
I owe you.
mmogno
Master
Master

Post by mmogno »

It is impossible to do research without having basic information based on reliable documents.