I've come across some text relating to a village in Matera that I'm researching... San Mauro Forte, which is titled "I Coribanti Superstiti"
It's not difficult to translate superstiti but can anyone help me with the meaning of Coribanti please?
Thanks
Michael
Coribanti
Re: Coribanti
The coribanti were priests.maple62 wrote:I've come across some text relating to a village in Matera that I'm researching... San Mauro Forte, which is titled "I Coribanti Superstiti"
It's not difficult to translate superstiti but can anyone help me with the meaning of Coribanti please?
Thanks
Michael
coribanti-click here
This is from Wikipedia and is their electronic translation(not very good). But if you do a Google search on 'coribanti' or 'Corybant' (for English) it will describe them for you.
elba
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
Re: Coribanti
Here's the English link..
http://64.233.179.104/translate_c?hl=en ... S:official
Hope its the same one!
Nuccia
http://64.233.179.104/translate_c?hl=en ... S:official
Hope its the same one!
Nuccia


