Looking for Surname - Sabbio
Re: Looking for Surname - Sabbio
That is her. Never knew she came over with a sister, or where she was going. Unreal Interesting. Thanks so much. Do u know of a web site, perhaps in Italy that you can find out where my grandparents were born, and something about their ancestors?
Re: Looking for Surname - Sabbio
Hi Jacob,wldspirit wrote:Naturalization info:
surname: Sabbio
first name: Emanuel
Declaration volume: 145
Dec. page: 302
Year: 1917
Petition volume: 203
Petition page: 60
To send for record:
Records Located at:
County Clerk's Office
State Supreme Court, Kings County (Brooklyn)
360 Adams Street, Room 0079 (cross streets: Johnson, Court & Joralemon Sts)
Brooklyn, NY 11201
Please Note!
Due to the increase demand for Naturalization records in the Kings County Clerk's Office, the wait is aprx. 4-6 months for mail requests. The cost of a Naturalization record ordered by mail is $10.
wldspirit
Vital records in Italy are kept at the town the event (birth, marriage, death) occurred.....so you need to know where Emanuel Sabbia was born to obtain his birth information....Getting his naturalization record should provide this information (see above info by Lisa)......Also should have ship of travel & date of arrival. Once you get the town of origin, we can look for LDS films of the vital records or provide you with an address to write to for his records.
Emanuel & his wife, Josphine Riggio, married in NY (Brooklyn?) abt 1906??......may want to check this site and/or request marriage record search through the county clerk's office.
http://www.italiangen.org/databaselist.stm
There is a listing for a Giuseppa Riggio, but the year is off.
Hope this helps.
jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
Re: Looking for Surname - Sabbio
Trying to figure out how I can get that information for you. Everyone has died that knows that info, and those who are still around, don't care about it.
Re: Looking for Surname - Sabbio
I was told as a kid that my grandmother was born in Palermo, and my grandfather in Sicily. That was all that they told me and I didn't anymore, cause I didn't know I would want to know later on. 
Re: Looking for Surname - Sabbio
Hi Jacob701,
The best thing you can do is get all the US documentation on your grandparents that you can......their marriage record, Emanuel's naturalization papers, their death certificates......even church records if you can figure out what church they attended (marriage record may help with this).
I'm sure members are looking for Emanuel's manifest also & if found the naturalization record will verify that it is the correct manifest. As for Josephine being born in Palermo....it could be the city of or the province of.....Do you know her date of birth? Parent names???.......Here is the official website for the city of Palermo....may want to contact the Officio di Stato Civile (city hall) to see if they can locate a birth act for Josephine. I ask about DOB & parent names 'cause of the naming tradition in Italy.....there maybe a dozen or more Giuseppa Riggios' born abt ????....especially in a city the size of Palermo
http://en.comuni-italiani.it/082/053/index.html
Make sure your request is in Italian or very simple English.
There are LDS films for the town of Palermo, I can provide the information, but recommend knowing parent names before obtaining.
jcsm
The best thing you can do is get all the US documentation on your grandparents that you can......their marriage record, Emanuel's naturalization papers, their death certificates......even church records if you can figure out what church they attended (marriage record may help with this).
I'm sure members are looking for Emanuel's manifest also & if found the naturalization record will verify that it is the correct manifest. As for Josephine being born in Palermo....it could be the city of or the province of.....Do you know her date of birth? Parent names???.......Here is the official website for the city of Palermo....may want to contact the Officio di Stato Civile (city hall) to see if they can locate a birth act for Josephine. I ask about DOB & parent names 'cause of the naming tradition in Italy.....there maybe a dozen or more Giuseppa Riggios' born abt ????....especially in a city the size of Palermo
http://en.comuni-italiani.it/082/053/index.html
Make sure your request is in Italian or very simple English.
There are LDS films for the town of Palermo, I can provide the information, but recommend knowing parent names before obtaining.
jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
Re: Looking for Surname - Sabbio
Link to viewable census image for 1910.......
http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/859/1910cg7.jpg
and for 1920............
http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/9435/1920rh5.jpg
wldspirit
http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/859/1910cg7.jpg
and for 1920............
http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/9435/1920rh5.jpg
wldspirit
Re: Looking for Surname - Sabbio
The 1920 one did not show their names. Is there another page I can look at?
Re: Looking for Surname - Sabbio
Never mind, I found it was there. Thanks, You guys are great.
Re: Looking for Surname - Sabbio
Why I can't see it and print it as it on page two. Can u send me the second page. When I enlarge it, I see the items, but when it prints it only prints the first page. Thanks.
Re: Looking for Surname - Sabbio
another long shot...
8 Oct 1904 Naples to NY
check out line 22
Conmanuele (Emmanuel) SABIO
could his age be 25, not 75?
last residence Palermo
going to NY
cousin Giuseppe Ruggio? (RIGGIO?) at 407? 427? W 39th St
1904 sabio manifest
8 Oct 1904 Naples to NY
check out line 22
Conmanuele (Emmanuel) SABIO
could his age be 25, not 75?
last residence Palermo
going to NY
cousin Giuseppe Ruggio? (RIGGIO?) at 407? 427? W 39th St
1904 sabio manifest
Re: Looking for Surname - Sabbio
Great find, Valarie......I like it!!!.....agree, age could easily be 25 & married, from Palermo (Sicily)so fits. Lets see what others, including poster, has to say.
jcsm
jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
Re: Looking for Surname - Sabbio
Note the way some of the 2's are written elsewhere, as on line 26......
could very well be a 2.........also the C could be a lazily written E.......
can you make out profession? Looks to me like "typing"??
wldspirit
could very well be a 2.........also the C could be a lazily written E.......
can you make out profession? Looks to me like "typing"??
wldspirit
Re: Looking for Surname - Sabbio
I think that's it ... awesome find!
Yes, it does look like "Typing," but that might be a bit of a stretch ...
Yes, it does look like "Typing," but that might be a bit of a stretch ...
Bob Fornal
http://www.podcastgenealogy.com
http://www.podcastgenealogy.com
Re: Looking for Surname - Sabbio
Each of the census pages are but one page.........they will not print out however on one page due to their size........you have to configure your printer for this........
wldspirit
*HEY........our resident computer guru is here......now he could tell you how to print out the entire census in it's current size!!!!!!!!
wldspirit
*HEY........our resident computer guru is here......now he could tell you how to print out the entire census in it's current size!!!!!!!!
Re: Looking for Surname - Sabbio
Reason I ask....his profession in census is listed as printer.......
wldspirit
wldspirit




