Grandfather Francisco Antonio Cunti

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
KEK
Rookie
Rookie

Grandfather Francisco Antonio Cunti

Post by KEK »

My Grandfather Antonio Cunti was born February 13, 1869 in Caserta Naples Italy.
He came to the United States in 1901
I know he had a twin brother who died leaving him an only child.
His father was Paolo Cunti
His Mother was Marie Nardi
I'm pretty sure he had a wife in Italy and had a little girl named Assunta or (Suzy).
His family owned vineyards
He met my grandmother after coming the United States. She was a widow with three small children.
His name was changed to Conty here in the USA
I'm hoping I can find someone out there that knows something about his family in Italy.
Thanks,
KK
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Are you just awaiting someone to get in touch with you or are you interested in conducting research to obtain this information? Peter
KEK
Rookie
Rookie

Hello Peter

Post by KEK »

Well....I'm new at this so I guess I would like to conduct some research and of course it would be nice if someone just contacted me. Guess the bottom line is I could use a little guidance in what I need to do.
KEK
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

All records in Italy are in the town of origin. You appear to have all the requsiite information necessary to obtain documents and seek out possible relatives but whern you say Caserta do you mean the city of Caserta or the province of Caserta? Go to www.ellisisland.org for his entry into the USA and examine the ships manifest for his town of origin. In any event if you go to www.paginebianche.it and put in the surname CUNTI in the first line and CE (covers the entire province of Caserta inclduing Caserta city) in the third line and then click CERCA a listing of some 43 CUNIT sunrmaed persons will appear by name,address and telephone number. Peter
KEK
Rookie
Rookie

Thank You Peter!!!!

Post by KEK »

I went to the web site you suggested and printed off the names. This gives me a starting place.
My grandfather came over on the Aller, December 3, 1901 and listed his home as Baia L. I assume it must be Baia Latina?????

Thank you Peter...... I guess my next step would be to write letters giving these people as much information as possible and see if anyone answers.

Is that the way you would proceed??

KEK
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Yes but since you came in on a new posting I lost the threasd of our previous conversation. Are you writing in Italian? If not keep the letter simple enough so that a school child can read it. and don't forget to include the retuirn envelope and put a dollar inside each one. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Ok It was a computer glitch. I redid and got the entire messsag. Yes the 14 people are in Baia. Peter
KEK
Rookie
Rookie

Addresses

Post by KEK »

Peter,

I have a question,

For instance this is how the name appears on the Paginebianche.it

Cunti Adolfo
81010 Baia E Latina (CE) - Via Marconi, 4

What exactly is the address??

Since I do not write or speak Italian I'm not sure?

The number begining with 810 is on all listings of Cunti so I don't think that is the Address?

The phone # I understand :D At least I think I do :lol:

Once Again Thanks for your help.

KEK
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

The name of the person
Comune(town of) Baia e Latina (zip code) Postale 81010
Via (street ) Marconi 4
Provincia Caserta (province oif)
Campania regione (region)

The town name is Baia e Latina in the province of Caserta. remeber that.

The telephone number rerquires a country code for Italy ask the operator if the area is incluced in the number if you call.

Lots of Luck. If you click you will get so many invitgations you won't know what to do first. Find someone who reads italian for any rersponses you get. Peter
KEK
Rookie
Rookie

I will Let you Know

Post by KEK »

Peter,

Thanks again. I will let you know if I receive any responses.

You have been so helpful.

KEK
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

I am here for you. Peter
ph

Cunte/Conti

Post by ph »

Hi kek,
I have relatives from Italy with the last name Conti. They are also from Caserta. I have been told by relatives they came from Dragone or Baia e Latina. My GGrandfathers name was Antonio Conti and his wifes name was Carmella Pecorraro. I was just wondering if there is some connection since the names are similar. My family has told me that when the immigrants came over that sometimes the names got changed due to the large numbers of people at Ellis Island.
Please let me know what you think.
Thanks,
ph
Ilaria85

Re: Grandfather Francisco Antonio Cunti

Post by Ilaria85 »

Hi! I know that maybe it's too late but I've just red this topic. I'm Ilaria Cunti, Adolfo Cunti's nephew. I'm sorry for my English but I'm interested to understand if you know my family. Tomorrow I'll speak to my father to understand if he knows something about Antonio Cunti. A big hug! Ilaria
KEK
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Grandfather Francisco Antonio Cunti

Post by KEK »

Hello....
My Grandfather Francesco was born in Bia e Latina. Is that where your father is from?
I was able to connect with someone from that village and he helped me get copies of many records.
If your father has more information regarding him or his family I'd greatly appreciate hearing from you.
KEK