surname catuosco

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
girty
Veteran
Veteran

surname catuosco

Post by girty »

help. doesn't show up in anything
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

The surname Catuosco appears to be extinct in Italy but is originaslly a local name in the towns of Marsico nuovo and Marsicovetere in Provincia di Potenza, basilicata. If you go to www.ellisisland.org and look up the name perhaps the year of birth and full name can give you an opportunity to obtain documents in the Marsico's towns. Peter
girty
Veteran
Veteran

catuosco

Post by girty »

Peter
Thank you very much. My grandfather states that he came here 1890, i have not found his name yet in any records.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

If he did not enter the USA at NYC thru Ellisisland then he may have come in thru another port of the USA. Ask him where he landed when he got here and let me know. Peter
girty
Veteran
Veteran

catuosco

Post by girty »

peter, i just searched italians to america ny ports. he is not listed anywhere. do you have any idea what other ports were popular? I did find two that came into washington d.c. but do not know the relationship to my grandfather. as for asking him, i can't he died in 1944. but thanks again for interest.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

if you file form 81 with NARA (US archives) theu will reviuew their records of all ports in the USA for passenger arrivals like Boston, Philadelphia, Batimore, New orleans, San francisco etc. Go to www.genealogy.lookups.com/narchives.htm and fill out the form and send it in. If there is a record somewhere in the USA they will then tell you if they find it. They are very good at what they do. Peter
girty
Veteran
Veteran

Post by girty »

peter
I am taking both of yur suggestions. have sent for a form 81 and also asked for a look up. wish me luck. i'll keep you informed.one more thing, if i write a letter to the towns you mentioned is there someway to find out an address. and should i send a self address envelope. thanks
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Ufficio di Stato Civile, Comune di Marsicovetere, Postale 85050 and another letter to Ufficio di Stato Civile, Comune di Marsico Nuovo, 85052, both go to provincia Potenza, basilicata, Italy and include a self addressed envelope and $5.00 in postal coupons as suggested by the Mormon church people. Peter
girty
Veteran
Veteran

Post by girty »

thank you peter for all your help