Demartini

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ivoldoni

Demartini

Post by ivoldoni »

Hi
I am looking information about Eugenio Demartini (or De Martini). He went to Brazil 1884 with his parents Giovanni Demartini and Giuditta Ponti, and also her sister Ester and Maria and brothers Carlo and Vittorio. Giovanni Demartini probably was son of Antonio Demartini. I believe they were from Beluno, however I already contacted Belluno and some comunes, but I could not find any information about them. I will be glad if somebody has any information about this Demartini's Family.
Thanks
Ivomar Oldoni
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Demartini

Post by jcsm400 »

Hi Ivomar & welcome to the forum,

There are two databases for arrivals to Brazil that may help. They are both free sites, but you do have to register at the 2nd one.

http://www.memorialdoimigrante.sp.gov.br/

http://www.italians-world.org/Italy/BancaDatiGb.htm

Recommend you obtain all the Brazilian documentation for the family that you can, you need to find town of origin to be able to trace the family in Italy.

Here is a research guide to finding records in Brazil.

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/ ... Brazil.ASP

Hope this helps & good luck in your research.....Let us know, if you need further assistance.

jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by brujaojos »

ivoldoni wrote:Hi
I am looking information about Eugenio Demartini (or De Martini). He went to Brazil 1884 with his parents Giovanni Demartini and Giuditta Ponti, and also her sister Ester and Maria and brothers Carlo and Vittorio. Giovanni Demartini probably was son of Antonio Demartini. I believe they were from Beluno, however I already contacted Belluno and some comunes, but I could not find any information about them. I will be glad if somebody has any information about this Demartini's Family.
Thanks
Ivomar Oldoni
Hi There,

On this website, click here

I found this Eugenio going to Brazil. Here is the information from that site mentioned above.

Surname - Demartini
Name - Eugenio
Age - 38
Relationship - Só
Occupation - Agricultor
Place of last residence
Province of origin
Name of the ship - Ceres
Date of arrival - 27/09/1875

This family also went to Brazil.

Surname - Demartini
Name - Pietro
Age - 50
Relationship - Chefe
Occupation -
Place of last residence
Province of origin
Name of the ship - Alagoas
Date of arrival - 21/08/1895

Family group traveling with Pietro:
Demartini Teresa - age 52
Demartini Antonia - age 14
Demartini Domenico - age 24
Demartini Francesco - age 22
Demartini Giovanni - age 21
Demartini Santo - age 16

Here are some links that might help you with your research in South America.

The link below might help you find when your ancestors arrived. You have to register, but it's free. Click on the words "Find Your Roots", create a user name and password and then you can search for Brazil and Argentina

click here

This link has some helpful genealogy links about Argentina.
click here

Roots Web Message Boards
click here

Here are some websites that might be helpful with you trying to locate your ancestors.
click here

Geneagoly.com Forum on Brazil
click here

A few links about Brazil and genealogy
click here

Some of the links on this page might help.
clcik here

Sephardic Genealogy Resources
click here

Immigration Information
click here

Immigration site
click here

Cousin Connect Forum
click here

Naturalization Records in Brazil
click here

I hope this helps,
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

ivoldoni wrote:Hi
Thanks
Ivomar Oldoni
Hello,
if you think he was coming from a town in the province of Belluno, you can discover his right place and date of birth, writing a request in italian to Archivio di Stato di Bellunoand ask for his military record (foglio matricolare) or his military draft card (lista di leva). On these documents you find all the informations that links you to discover where he was from,
I hope it helps, bye Riccardo :lol: