MANDUCHI

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jostes

MANDUCHI

Post by jostes »

My ancestors went to America in the early 1900's to New Jersey. They were from Santarcangelo. Any information on them would be great. It seems I have run into a dead end. My great grandfather was born in Jersey his name was Columbo Antonio Manduchi, his father was Davide Manduchi who went to America in 1907, Seconde who is Davide's father went in 1910. My great grandfather went by Anthony or Tony. His mother's name was Angelina. I don't know what her maiden name was though. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!![/b]
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Have you tried to check out any records like Ellis Island records for Davide arrival in the USA? Peter
jostes

Re: MANDUCHI

Post by jostes »

I have gone there, They came to america in 1907. I know that Seconde was his father b. 1868. Davide was married to angeline. I don't know what her maiden name was. Any more information would be greatly appreciated. :lol:
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by brujaojos »

jostes wrote:I have gone there, They came to america in 1907. I know that Seconde was his father b. 1868. Davide was married to angeline. I don't know what her maiden name was. Any more information would be greatly appreciated. :lol:
Hi there,

Per the ship's manifest for Seconde, it states he left his wife, Giacinta Manduchi and sons in Italy.

Seconde Manifest page 1

Here is the information for the 1910 Census for both Seconde and Davide.

Note that on this Census, Seconde was married for 18 years and Davide was single. Also, note that they were both living with the Camino Family

Name: Davide Manduchi
Age in 1910: 28
Estimated birth year: abt 1882
Home in 1910: 5-Wd Logansport, Cass, Indiana
Race: White
Image Source: Year: 1910; Census Place: 5-Wd Logansport, Cass, Indiana; Series: T624; Roll: 342; Page: 191A; Enumeration District: 32; Part: 1; Line: 25

I hope some of this helps
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by brujaojos »

Hi again,

Here is Angelina in the 1920 census. This census states Angelina is a widow already by 1920. Therefore, her husband died between 1910-1920.

It also states that Columbo was born in New Jersey*.

Name: Angelina Manduchi
Estimated birth year: abt 1886
Birthplace: Italy
Home in 1920: Trenton Ward 10, Mercer, New Jersey
Home owned: Rent
Sex: Female
Marital status: Widow
Relation to Head of House: Head
Year of immigration: 1906
Able to read: No
Able to Write: No
Mother's Birth Place: Italy
Father's Birth Place: Italy
Image: 987
Image Source: Year: 1920; Census Place: Trenton Ward 10, Mercer, New Jersey; Roll: T625_1054; Page: 11A; Enumeration District: 91; Image: 987

Here is Angelina with the children in the 1930 Census. This census states Angelina is a widow. It states that Columbo was born in Pennsylvania.

Name: Angeline Manduchi
Estimated birth year: abt 1886
Birthplace: Italy
Relation to head-of-house: Head
Home in 1930: Trenton, Mercer, New Jersey
Image source: Year: 1930; Census Place: Trenton, Mercer, New Jersey; Roll: 1364; Page: 2A; Enumeration District: 45; Image: 524.0.

Have you written to the NJ State Archives for any information such as death records?

I hope this helps
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

jostes wrote:My ancestors went to America in the early 1900's to New Jersey. They were from Santarcangelo. Any information on them would be great. It seems I have run into a dead end. My great grandfather was born in Jersey his name was Columbo Antonio Manduchi, his father was Davide Manduchi who went to America in 1907, Seconde who is Davide's father went in 1910. My great grandfather went by Anthony or Tony. His mother's name was Angelina. I don't know what her maiden name was though. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!![/b]
for civil records write to:

comune
Ufficio di Stato Civile
Piazza Ganganelli 1
47822 Santarcangelo di Romagna (RN)
Italy

bye Riccardo
jhunter1163

Post by jhunter1163 »

Hi there,

My grandfather was Antonio Colombo Manduchi, born 1910; he lived in New Jersey early in his life before moving to Wenatchee, WA and becoming roadmaster for the Great Northern Railroad. He had two children, Robert and Elaine (my mother) and 12 grandchildren. I can give you more information on request.

Thank you, John Hunter
jostes

Post by jostes »

jhunter1163 wrote:Hi there,

My grandfather was Antonio Colombo Manduchi, born 1910; he lived in New Jersey early in his life before moving to Wenatchee, WA and becoming roadmaster for the Great Northern Railroad. He had two children, Robert and Elaine (my mother) and 12 grandchildren. I can give you more information on request.

Thank you, John Hunter