Fiore CAROCCIA

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Buona
Rookie
Rookie

Fiore CAROCCIA

Post by Buona »

How do I start looking for my grandfather and his family when I can't even find him listed in the Ellis Island records? I've been told that he was either from Naples or Bari. I am guessing that he came to New York abt
1910-1915. Are there any Caroccia's anywhere?
tim340

Finding Port of Entry - A Newbie's Experience

Post by tim340 »

I've also been told that my grandmother came thru Ellis Island, but I can't find her in that data base either. I've submitted a request under the Freedom of Information Act to the Immigration and Naturalization service for both my grandparent's Naturalization files. What I had to include was their exact dates of birth and the county and state where they applied for naturalization. I think the naturalization application should have their port of entry and where in Italy they came from...hopefully it will also include the names of their parents. I'm hoping once I know the port of entry I will be able to find the ships manifest. Here's 2 links that may be helpful:

http://www.immigration.gov/graphics/abo ... NATREC.htm

http://home.att.net/~wee-monster/natura ... cords.html

Just cut and paste...can't figure out how to create links.

Hope this helps[/url]
Buona
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Buona »

Hi Tim,
Thanks for the info - I need to start somewhere. Although I am in the dark because I don't know when he was born or where. Unfortunately, no one from an "older generation" is left. Thanks again.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

If you know his name then file form 81 witgh NARA for anybody with that name. Go towww.genealogylookups.com/narchives.htm for the form 81. If you can approximate the year of entry or place of entry into the USA all the better.....by the way when he came to the USA where did he gfo to live?? Did he come in with his wife? If you know his wife's first and last name (Italian woman do not lose their maiden name NEVER!) then you can check for that. Peter