Translation Help Please!

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
KEK
Rookie
Rookie

Hi! Maurizio

Post by KEK »

Ok....

If I understand you correctly I write my response in English and add your piece in Italian on a separate piece of stationary.

Oh, I forgot.....should I offer to send money for information? I want to do the right thing and don't want to offend him.

I am so grateful for your continued support and help.

Katherine
Maurizio
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Maurizio »

Yes, correct.
About money, I believe there's no need of it, but you would be kind in asking him if you have to pay for the time he spent.
Ciao, Maurizio
KEK
Rookie
Rookie

Thanks!

Post by KEK »

Maurizio,

Letters will go out tomorrow. I will let you know how it all turns out.

KEK
KEK
Rookie
Rookie

Received Information

Post by KEK »

I am so exicted. I received a second letter from the Professor in Baia e Latina. He sent infomation about my great-grandfather, great-grandmother, and grandfather. Plus two books he has personally written about the history of Baia e Latina.

All of this is in Italian, but I was able to find someone here to translate the letter. The books are full of pictures, which is wonderful.

The Professor wrote "I know a little English, however, not enough to be able to communicate with you in writing"

Do you think it would be OK if I wrote to him in English anyway??

I also had asked him in my previous letter if there was a fee for his services and he did not respond to that. Should I send him money anyway and if so, how much would be appropriate.

He has been so kind as to research all this for me. How do I show my appreciation?

Would it be OK if I asked him for copies of documents he translated to me?

I want to do the right thing, whatever that may be. Your advice would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks,
Katherine