Well, I can't thank you enough!
Now I have so much more to go on....and more work to do!
Janet
Tracing my family roots
Re: Tracing my family roots
Hi Janet,
Daniel's birth record shows Lewis's & Jennie's birth place as Ferrara, Italy (nice find, vj), but I'm not sure if that is the town or just the province.......You can obtain more US documentation for this information and/or request their marriage act & their son's, Pietro's, birth act from:
1. Cento City Hall (last residence)
Ufficio di Stato Civile
Via Provenzali, 15
44042 Cento (FE)
ITALY
email: sindaco@comune.cento.fe.it
and/or
2. Ferrara City Hall
Ufficio di Stato Civile
Ferrara City Hall
Piazza Municipale, 2
44100 Ferrara (FE)
ITALY
email: urp@comune.fe.it
If their birth town is Cento, then you will have to write for all records, but if the birth town is Ferrara, then you can either write or use the available films from the LDS Church.
Hope this helps.
jcsm
Daniel's birth record shows Lewis's & Jennie's birth place as Ferrara, Italy (nice find, vj), but I'm not sure if that is the town or just the province.......You can obtain more US documentation for this information and/or request their marriage act & their son's, Pietro's, birth act from:
1. Cento City Hall (last residence)
Ufficio di Stato Civile
Via Provenzali, 15
44042 Cento (FE)
ITALY
email: sindaco@comune.cento.fe.it
and/or
2. Ferrara City Hall
Ufficio di Stato Civile
Ferrara City Hall
Piazza Municipale, 2
44100 Ferrara (FE)
ITALY
email: urp@comune.fe.it
If their birth town is Cento, then you will have to write for all records, but if the birth town is Ferrara, then you can either write or use the available films from the LDS Church.
Hope this helps.
jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
Re: Tracing my family roots
Thank you everyone!
I'll let you know how things turn out!
Janet
I'll let you know how things turn out!
Janet
Re: Tracing my family roots
Hi,
I do genealogy for hobby, and now every year I gather some 25 to 50 people from all over the US, Canada and Australia for the family reunion.
This year's October Reunion in Pofi (Frosinone) with interesting trip to Sicily, Calabria, Amalfi Coast and Naples, please contact me.
Reunion cost special only around 650 Euros all included for 8 days of great fun! (from Oct 6 to Oct 13)
Organizer : Agripofi
Tony
pizzicaroli@aol.com
www.agripofi.it
I do genealogy for hobby, and now every year I gather some 25 to 50 people from all over the US, Canada and Australia for the family reunion.
This year's October Reunion in Pofi (Frosinone) with interesting trip to Sicily, Calabria, Amalfi Coast and Naples, please contact me.
Reunion cost special only around 650 Euros all included for 8 days of great fun! (from Oct 6 to Oct 13)
Organizer : Agripofi
Tony
pizzicaroli@aol.com
www.agripofi.it

