Searching for:CARLOS GIOVANNI MONTI and his family in Milano

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
JillianMonti

Searching for:CARLOS GIOVANNI MONTI and his family in Milano

Post by JillianMonti »

Carlos Giovanni Monti was born in Milano, Italy. He migrated to Canada with at least one family member. I do not know his parents or grandparents names. I do not even know his birthdate or were to begin. It has taken me two years to get this far.
If anyone can help please email me at jmonti@shaw.ca or m_jmonti@hotmail.com................Thank-you!!
Sincerely,
Jillian Monti
I am looking for any information on the "Monti", "Traversano" and "Leblanc" Surmnames. Please email any information on these names to Jillian @ jmonti@shaw.ca Thank-you!!
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

when you say Milano do you mean the city of Milano or the province of Milano???Moreover do you have his birthdate or birth year or approximate year of birth? Do you know when he immigrated to Canada in what year and what ship and what port? Peter
JillianMonti

Re: Monti

Post by JillianMonti »

Peter,
I believe that he was born in the province of Milano (city como?) I am not sure. I do not have his birthdate. He died in 1989-1990 in alberta, canada. I married his grandson Matthew James Monti. No one in this immediate family knows anything about hte Italian background. I am a new searcher and am finding it hard for them to even talk about it. what do I do?
I am looking for any information on the "Monti", "Traversano" and "Leblanc" Surmnames. Please email any information on these names to Jillian @ jmonti@shaw.ca Thank-you!!
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Go to www.archives.ca/02/02020202_e.html for immigration arrival records. Next go to Canada social secuirty and appl;y for a copy of his application for social securiy pension. Go to www.Canada.gc.ca/depts/major/depind_e.html and look for place and date of birth. Peter
JillianMonti

Re: Monti

Post by JillianMonti »

Thanks Peter, I will try your suggestions and get back to you on weather or not it helped, since I do not know any of the dates.
Sincerely,
Jillian Monti
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Of course you do. You know when he died and the death record will have even more information about hime like age at time of death and possibly more. Peter
JillianMonti

Re: Carlos Giovanni Monti

Post by JillianMonti »

Hey Peter,
Thank-you for the information on the www.archives.ca site :wink: It was a big help with the death records search and Alberta information I now know that he was born on January 11 but cannot read the year he was born. :?
I also found out that he was born in Magnano instead of Milano.(sounds alike??)
I also found a Census record with the family name on it at this same site.
I spoke with the museum currator, in the town where he lived, this man remembers that he owned a business there and that the museum has pictures of him and the bakery. :!: :D
I cannot thank you enough times for this important information.
I also have found one of his son's.......one that I did not know existed.
Thanks again Peter and I now know where to find the information in Italy. I just have to start reading the Italian language to write the letter in Italian so that the person that recieves it will know what I am looking for.................
Jillian Monti
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

When you say information do yhou mean the significance of the name or its significanced in a city or town to your family? Peter