Obituaries..

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
alany
Rookie
Rookie

Obituaries..

Post by alany »

Is possible to get obituaries of a deceased relative?? Where were they put?? On magazines, journals..?? is there a service on internet?? I'm still searching the destiny of my uncle ... where is possible to search obituaries of Rhode Island state??

thanks a lot

Antonio
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Obituaries..

Post by VaDeb »

Hi Antonio,

Obituaries are usually published in a local paper. Depending on the paper and year, some were only published if the family member paid to have the obituary published. Do you know the date the uncle died and what town he lived in?

If you choose to share his name and death information, we can look for a source for the obituary.

Debbie
alany
Rookie
Rookie

Post by alany »

Hi Debbie...

my uncle died 1963 Sept.. probably 7th in Providence.. and there buried in any cemetary I don't know.. Do you think it's possible to get its obit?? Do you know if exist some service on internet for the obits??

Antonio
Essgee
Master
Master

Post by Essgee »

There is a good chance that the Providence Journal would have a copy of the obituary.

However, the on-line archives for this newspaper only date back to 1980. Prior to that you will have to request a copy from the Newspaper or possibly a library in the Providence area might have something. Their web site is www.projo.com

To check possible burial place, check the Rhode Island Historical Cemeteries Transcription Project.
Go to :
http://www.rootsweb.com/~rigenweb/cemetery/

Click on the Database link and go from there.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Hello Antonio...

I was just discussing your search with Nuccia but a few days ago.....
and I did recieve your private message....

I am posting the infos here so that others may help in the search......it is always better to have more help in the search.......each of us have our own method for searching records.......what I may not be able to locate,
another member can.......I would like nothing more than to see you connect with your family...... :D

Maddalena Simonetti had a sister.....do you know the name of the sister??

This sister had a son by the name of Joseph Alviti:

Social Security Death Index
about Joseph Alviti
Name: Joseph Alviti
SSN:
Last Residence: 02904 Providence, Providence, Rhode Island, United States of America
Born: 18 Apr 1918
Died: May 1984
State (Year) SSN issued: Rhode Island (Before 1951 )

Joseph Alviti was married to Nicolette:

Social Security Death Index
about Nicolette Alviti
Name: Nicolette Alviti
SSN:
Last Residence: 02904 Providence, Providence, Rhode Island, United States of America
Born: 15 Jul 1917
Last Benefit: 02904 Providence, Providence, Rhode Island, United States of America
Died: Mar 1982
State (Year) SSN issued: Rhode Island (Before 1951 )

You would like to find the possible son of Joseph and Nicolette:

PAUL ALVITI

Does this sum up the info correctly?

Hugs,
DeLisa

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
alany
Rookie
Rookie

Post by alany »

Hi Lisa.. your are highly right.. I didn't to discussi in a private way .. but what I'd like to get is a private adress in case.. and this is not a good thing to show it to everybody, I think...

Otherwise you are right .. sure..
Yes Lisa , I'd thouht to go down in a parallel line starting from Maddalena..
Yes I've found (privateeye.com) that Joseph Alviti , or a person with such a name, is son of Esmalia Simonetti (maddalena's sister) and Alviti Pasquale.. He was born in 1918 and dead in 1984.. Despite of that he still appears on privateeye.com aged 89.. in effect he were 89 (born in 1918) if he stll alive... and resident in Providence.. his possible relative should be Nicolette and a certain Paul that should be their son.. I don't know if might be other sons or daughters...I've found all possible Paul.. and I've found (by whitepages.com) a Paul Alviti but living near Boston (Peabody) and a Paul Alviti living in Providence.. Paul J Alviti (J might stand for Jospeh) ... Could anyone give me some any other details about this question?? Any hints or suggestions will be always preciuos for the research...

Thank you and ,Lisa, excuse me again ;-) ..

Antonio
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

I believe this to be the birth record of Joseph, which shows the name of parents:

Rhode Island Births, 1636-1930
about Giuseppe Alviti
Name: Giuseppe Alviti
Parent 1: Pasquale Alviti
Parent 2: Emilia Alviti
Birth Date: 18 Apr 1918

if the above is correct, then this would be the marriage record of Pasquale and Emilia:

Rhode Island Marriages, 1636-1930
about Emilia Simonetti
Spouse 1: Pasquale Alviti
Spouse 2: Emilia Simonetti
Marriage Date: 07 Nov 1915

There is a family tree listed for the above family, and according to the information provided, the burial place for Joseph and his wife, Carmela Nicoletta Buccini:

St. Ann's Cemetary
Cranston, Rhode Island
Section W # 217

I have sent the poster of the family tree an email, hopefully we will get a response. According to this tree, Joseph has living children....but the names are not mentioned due to privacy.

There is much more info to be had from this tree........but I will wait for your confirmation on these records found so far.....
Hugs,
DeLisa

wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

And of course you are right.....should we find some living person, and the address......it will be sent in private message to you....... :D
Hugs,
DeLisa

wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Also..........to refresh everyone's memory......this is the original thread:

http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... =5820.html

Lisa

esalviti

Post by esalviti »

Hello
Thank you Lee for sending me the link to here. My name is Ernie Alviti. I have done a lot of research into the Alviti family and many of its branches. I do have information about the people who you are looking for, and I would be willing help out if I can. I also have actual birth and death records for many of the people I have researched. I have also personally verified all of the burial information of those who are deceased. There is a lot of info being asked about in the post so let me know where you would like to begin. Also I try not to put personal info on a post such as this and try to contact anyone living before giving out their info.
Thanks again for contacting me, I hope I can be of help
Ernie
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Fantastic.....and welcome to ItalianGenealogy.....I'll let Antonio take it from here.......he should be able to fill you in on the details.........
Thank you so much for responding.........

DeLisa :D

esalviti

Post by esalviti »

Thanks DeLisa I have been looking at other threads and maybe I can find help here with my Italian Genealogy. I have researched pretty well from the arriavl in the U.S. but obviously have difficulty with getting records from Italy. My families are mostly from 2 towns Guarcino and Pietravairano.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Well as you can see....we are not a group to give up easily..... :lol: :lol:
And we are always willing to help locate info......hopefully Antonio will see this post soon....not sure of the time difference between his location in Italy and ours here in the states...... :?

I hope he is able to connect with family and find the details on his ancestors who arrived in Rhode Island......it's nice to know that while we here in the US are searching for our family ties in Italy......so to is family in Italy looking for us!!!!!!!!

Happy Hunting!!
DeLisa

alany
Rookie
Rookie

Post by alany »

It's very strange Lee, but it could be possible .. and above all if you knew me.. ;-) I'm searching exactly Ernie.. I have seen the family tree in Ancestry.com put by Ernie and I wonder how I could reach it?? ;-) He can find my tree if he put , for example , the name of his aunt Maddalena (madelina).. and is possible to compare and to link both family tree.. ;-)

Antonio
alany
Rookie
Rookie

Post by alany »

At this point would ask Ernie if he can leave his private mail in the mailbox of the Italiangenealogy.. ;-) or even his account msn , if he have it..

Antonio