Info on DiGeronimo's.... Help me find the missing link

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ddiger

Re: Info on DiGeronimo's.... Help me find the missing l

Post by ddiger »

I ordered their Marriage Cert & I am waiting for it to arrive....
I also emailed the Montclair DiGeronimo's to see what they know..waiting for a reply..

Thanks You all who contributed...for all of your help so far.
-ddiger
ddiger

Post by ddiger »

UPDATE 21 FEB 2007
I received the Marriage Certificate:
Dated 02 December 1922
Here's What It Says:
Angelo DiGeronimo
Age 23 Occupation Mason
From Lacedonia Avellino
Fathers Name Vincenzo
Mohters Name Antonia Masulla

Maria Giannetti
Age 22
From Racchetta S. Antonio
Fathers Name Antonio
Mothers Name Luigia Ferrante

Witnesses were Vincenzo Forte & Gaetano Romano
-ddiger
Nunsiata
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Nunsiata »

Hi ddiger:
I am a DiGeronimo also, born and raised in Montclair, NJ. If you are from there - or know people who are - you know that our family name is a very popular one in that town and in Essex County in general. My great-grandfather was also Angelo, though unfortunately not your Angelo. Anyway, all of our extended family are from Lacedonia and it's environs in Avellino and have been settling in Montclair as far back as I can see, in the mid-nineteenth century.
I'm not sure exactly what you are looking for, but if I can be of assistance I would be more than glad. I was going to suggest to Nuccia that she link the 1930 census that she found with Cristina because it sounded like she was in the hospital there and I wanted to take a look - but it seems you figured that out. But, seriously, I may have information. Feel free to send me a private message, if you'd rather.
Donato48

Post by Donato48 »

Hi, I'm Donato DiGeronimo. Someone from this forum contacted me a few months ago and I'm sorry to say that I lost the email. It came around the time my mother passed away and got lost in the shuffle

I'm 59 yrs old and I have worked on the Montclair Fire Dept for 30 yrs. I was raised in Montclair, NJ and have over 800 relatives in North Jersey. My father's mother, Rose Sandora (Santoro) was born in Newark, NJ. Her family emigrated from San Fele, province of Potenza in Basilicata. She had a twin sister, Mary. The sisters married two DiGeronimo brothers and had 15 and 13 children. Most of the DiGeronimos' in this area were generated by these two couples.

Since 1996, I've traveled to the DiGeronimo home town of Lacedonia, province of Avellino in Campania. I have some knowledge of those who immigrated. I also have relatives there that may be able to help research some ancestors.

Both sides of my mother's family were also from Lacedonia. She was a Pelullo and her mother's family was Festa, related to the Giannetti's in some way.

I have been involved for the past 5 years in a history project about the Italians of Montclair.

I can be contacted at Donato48@aol.com or 973-857-1489.
ddiger

Post by ddiger »

Hello to all,

I blinked and three years have past... Still looking for info on any of the following people:

Angelo DiGeronimo
born on 21 Sept 1896
He died on 12 Oct 1977 Essex, NJ
found him on ellis island records http://www.ellisisland.org/search/passR ... 8&fromEI=1
From Lacedonia Avellino
Fathers Name Vincenzo DiGeronimo
Mohters Name Antonia Masulla found name on marriage cert
Brothers are Joseph (Giuseppe) DiGeronimo and Peter (Pietro) DiGeronimo

Maria Christina Giannetti
born on 02 Apr 1900
found her on ellis island records http://www.ellisisland.org/search/shipM ... F&fromEI=1
arrived here through Ellis Island for the main reason on marring my Grandfather
she is in the 1930 Census for Essex NJ...in a hospital
died on 19 May 1960
From Racchetta S. Antonio
Fathers Name Antonio Giannetti
Mothers Name Luigia Ferrante found name on marriage cert
Sisters Name was Angela Giannetti
Brothers Name was Pompey Giannetti

Any new finding or suggestions would be awesome and of course appreciated.
-ddiger
CiaoGina
Rookie
Rookie

Post by CiaoGina »

Donato48 wrote:Hi, I'm Donato DiGeronimo. Someone from this forum contacted me a few months ago and I'm sorry to say that I lost the email. It came around the time my mother passed away and got lost in the shuffle

I'm 59 yrs old and I have worked on the Montclair Fire Dept for 30 yrs. I was raised in Montclair, NJ and have over 800 relatives in North Jersey. My father's mother, Rose Sandora (Santoro) was born in Newark, NJ. Her family emigrated from San Fele, province of Potenza in Basilicata. She had a twin sister, Mary. The sisters married two DiGeronimo brothers and had 15 and 13 children. Most of the DiGeronimos' in this area were generated by these two couples.

Since 1996, I've traveled to the DiGeronimo home town of Lacedonia, province of Avellino in Campania. I have some knowledge of those who immigrated. I also have relatives there that may be able to help research some ancestors.

Both sides of my mother's family were also from Lacedonia. She was a Pelullo and her mother's family was Festa, related to the Giannetti's in some way.

I have been involved for the past 5 years in a history project about the Italians of Montclair.

I can be contacted at Donato48@aol.com or 973-857-1489.
Hi there

I wasn't the one who contacted you but my great grandmother, Rosa Santoro lived in San Fele. I don't believe she ever immigrated but married Pietroangelo Lorenzo and had a son Sebastiano who left for NYC in 1898 and later lived in New Jersey with his wife Maria Romano. I wonder if there is a connection.

Gina Lorenzo
Lilsiciliangel

Re: Info on DiGeronimo's.... Help me find the missing link

Post by Lilsiciliangel »

Hello Everyone,

My name is Christina and I am a Sandora out of Schenectady, NY. My grandfather's name was Alfred and his father's name was Julius. My grandfather was the youngest out of several children. Some of them are Susan, Connie, Josie, Raphaella, Joseph, Micky, Tony, just to name a few. I believe his mother's name was either Carmella or Sarah.
Lilsiciliangel

Post by Lilsiciliangel »

Hello Gina,

I believe Sebastiano was my great, great father. I believe his son's name was Julius, who had a son named Alfred who was my grandfather.
Does anyone have information on the family crest or coat of arms by chance?
Lilsiciliangel

Post by Lilsiciliangel »

Actually Gina,

Their names were Julius and Carmella Sandora. They ended up on Congress St in Schenectady, Ny.