Photos of ancesters

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ppaganoni

Photos of ancesters

Post by ppaganoni »

Hello all- sorry I can't get on to the site more often. Work is such an inconvenience to hobbies!! I was wondering if we could have an album designated to old photos of ancesters. I didn't come across one when I was browsing quickly thru albums. We could put in names and dates in descriptions. It might be interesting for different research strains eg. My grandfather was alpini in WW1 and fought in Trentino. Photos sometimes give good reference to period dress, fashion or custom. I also have an old photo of an old hemp press used in northern villages for making cloth sheets. What do you all think?
Beginer Searching Ancesters
Paganoni, Moiola, Scieghi, Pizzini, Tavasci.
From Albosaggia, Colorina, Regoledo.
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Re: Photos of ancesters

Post by nuccia »

I agree with you..work totally does not make it easy on any of us that has a hobby such as this one, does it?

There is a section on this board for Photos...

Go to the Home Page. On the left side of the screen there is a Section called databases. Below that it says Photo Albums. You can follow the directions for posting the pictures and once the picture has been approved, (usually only a day or so) it will be available for viewing by all. You can just create your own album and title it whatever you like.

Hope this answers your question
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
ppaganoni

Post by ppaganoni »

nuccia wrote:I agree with you..work totally does not make it easy on any of us that has a hobby such as this one, does it?

There is a section on this board for Photos...

Go to the Home Page. On the left side of the screen there is a Section called databases. Below that it says Photo Albums. You can follow the directions for posting the pictures and once the picture has been approved, (usually only a day or so) it will be available for viewing by all. You can just create your own album and title it whatever you like.

Hope this answers your question
ppaganoni

Post by ppaganoni »

Thanks I didn't realise you make your own photo album. Will everyone be able to add their ancesters to my album or someone elses if they get around to it before me?
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Contact Edmondo, the site administrator for specific questions but I would imagine they could. All the pictures would have to be approved before being posted and the person who submitted the picture will have the option of adding their name. You would name the album though. I haven't uploaded any pictures since last summer when the soccer games were in full swing so I can't remember all the details. At that time so many people were sending me their pictures for approval and so much was going on.

Go through it and play with the options a bit a see what happens. You don't have to finalize anything until you're sure. And if you need any help, I'll be home later this afternoon and all weekend. Right now its that dreaded 3 am and I have to go to work... :( :( :( :(
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database