I need help finding info about the family of DOMINICO STATTI

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
missjessie
Rookie
Rookie

I need help finding info about the family of DOMINICO STATTI

Post by missjessie »

I'm back. Sorry to be so bothersome lol. I was wondering if anyone could help me find information for a Dominico Statti born 1843 in Gizzeria,Calabria. He died in 1897 in a hunting accident. His father was Giuseppe Statti.

Dominico Statti was the biological father of my Great-great Grandmother. But he was never married to her mother so in records her father is listed as the man her mother married shortly before she was born.

If anyone can help. I'd appreciate it very much.

Jessica
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: I need help finding out about the family of DOMINICO STA

Post by jcsm400 »

Hi Miss Jessie,

Did this happen in the US? What state? In Italy?

jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
missjessie
Rookie
Rookie

Post by missjessie »

He died in Gizzeria. I'd like to find out who his mother was, since I know the name of his father. Also the name of his parent's parents and so on. And any other information anyone can find for me.

Also, I just found out that in Gizzeria there is a place called The Statti Palace or Palazzo and it's where Dominico Statti and his wife Concetta lived. So awesome. He would be my Great-Great-Great Grandfather.
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

missjessie wrote:He died in Gizzeria. I'd like to find out who his mother was, since I know the name of his father. Also the name of his parent's parents and so on. And any other information anyone can find for me.

Also, I just found out that in Gizzeria there is a place called The Statti Palace or Palazzo and it's where Dominico Statti and his wife Concetta lived. So awesome. He would be my Great-Great-Great Grandfather.
Hello,
since you know his date of birth and date of death you can write and request the integral copy of birth record (copia integrale dell'atto di nascita) and integral copy of death record (copia integrale dell'atto di morte).
Write a request in italian, put in the envelope a big self addressed envelope for the reply + a couple of international reply coupons (as stamps for the reply)+photocopy of your ID to:

Comune
Ufficio di Stato Civile
Via Albania
88040 Gizzeria (CZ)
Italy

I hope it helps, bye Riccardo
Pilot53

Post by Pilot53 »

missjessie wrote:He died in Gizzeria. I'd like to find out who his mother was, since I know the name of his father. Also the name of his parent's parents and so on. And any other information anyone can find for me.

Jan 31st 2007...

Hi missjessie....

Have U tried Anscestry.com? I was able 2 find another Viscuso who also does this she got on2 me by shear coincedence & I was contacted by another Viscuso who I was e-mailing sometime ago.. :D

It turns out thet both her & the newie that contacted me R cousins & her brother & I work 4 the same company...G.M. Except he works 4 G. M in the States & I work 4 them here.....Boy small world huh??... :roll:

Hope this info is of some help 2 U..

Pilot...
From the Great Southern Land...Down Under...
Am a Viscuso living here in Australia searching 4 other Viscuso's as well world wide. Hope 2 get 2 know some from here
Statti

Post by Statti »

My name is Donald Dominic Statti. I have been to Nicastro, Italy, home of Damiano Statti that you speak of. I have just joined this website today. I have pictures of the Statti villa and Winery and met with their descendants. I have Dominico as being born 1885 married to Concetta Volpe - they are my grandparents. He died in the U.S. Where did you get the info of his his hunting accident?
missjessie
Rookie
Rookie

Post by missjessie »

Hi Donald. The Dominico(or might have been spelled Domenico) Statti that I posted about was born 1843. My cousin told me he died in Gizzeria, Italy in 1897 during a hunting accident and that all she knew about him was that his fathers name was Giuseppe and his mother was Maria Cacozza. I also found out that a Dr. Domenico Statti currently lives at the Statti Palazzo in Gizzeria, Calabria. Domenico had a relationship with my Great-Great-Great Grandmother Concetta Giampa. They had a daughter Paolina who was my Great-Great Grandmother.
Statti

Post by Statti »

Giuseppe might have been the brother of Damiano Statti b.1818 d.1899 married to Carmela Perri. Damiano was my Great Great Grandfather. He had a son named Luigi Damiano Statti b.1845 d.1917? married to Francesca Mastroianni b.1849 d.1903. There are Statti s in Gizzeria (west of Nicastro-Lamezia Terma) I called them by telephone, but they do not speak English. I have not seen the Gizzeria Palazzo, only the Statti mansion in Nicastro which would have been lived in by Baron Damiano Statti's forebearers in the 1600's (taken from a book written in Italian named: "Lamezia Terme: Storia, Cultura, Economica" at this website: http://books.google.com/books?id=31O8oP ... i+nicastro . I had visited that house in 1999 and was shown by the caretaker. A descendant, named Giulia lives there and works at the Statti Winery.
MaxIT

Post by MaxIT »

Evidence shows that all the Statti of Gizzeria and Nicastro are related, in fact, they all descend from the first one in Italy, Giovanni Statti, that come from Albania in 1500.

In the tree there are all the Statti of Gizzeria (together with the ancestor of MissJessie) and the barons of Nicastro.

I have a Damiano Statti (b. about 1740), son of baron Gennaro Statti and Porzia Di Fiore.
I have no descendent for Damiano Statti in my tree. Could you provide me your full genealogy to connect to the information I have?

Please give me your email address, so that I could contact you.
missjessie
Rookie
Rookie

Post by missjessie »

Hi Max. Do you have a Giuseppe Statti (1815-1887) that was married to a Maria Cacozza?
MaxIT

Post by MaxIT »

missjessie wrote:Hi Max. Do you have a Giuseppe Statti (1815-1887) that was married to a Maria Cacozza?
Yes.
missjessie
Rookie
Rookie

Post by missjessie »

What other information do you have? I was told that there was a Statti family tree going back to the 1500s, is that what you have?
missjessie
Rookie
Rookie

Re: I need help finding info about the family of DOMINICO ST

Post by missjessie »

Statti, if all the Statti of Nicastro and Gizzeria were related, that means we're probably related. 8)
missjessie
Rookie
Rookie

Post by missjessie »

I just want to bump this incase MaxIT and Statti come back. :)
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

missjessie wrote:I just want to bump this incase MaxIT and Statti come back. :)
Jessica,

Have you tried to email them using the email icon at the bottom of their posts? (This of course is assuming that you haven't had any contact with them since your last post).
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database