Paragraph translation

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Gina501
Veteran
Veteran

Paragraph translation

Post by Gina501 »

I would be grateful if someone could translate this paragraph for me. I would try to do it from some previous translations I have had help with, but I do not know how to say great-great-grandmother! Thanks!

I found your address in the Italian White Pages. I am trying to contact people that may be related to me that still live in Pescasseroli. I am writing to those Del Principe's with the same given name as my great-great-grandmother. Her name was Maria Luigia Del Principe and she was born around 1842 in Pescasseroli. Her parents were Rafael Del Principe and Anna Libori. She married a Trella who was also from Pescasseroli. Maria Luigia Del Principe emigrated to the United States in April 1898. She was around 60 years old and a widow. She brought with her a daughter named Maria Nicola Trella who was 18 years old, and they were meeting Maria Luigia's sons, Antonio and Domenico Trella in New York.
sheronb
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Paragraph translation

Post by sheronb »

Great great grandmother is Trisavola, with an accent over the first "a", hope this helps.
Tuzi/Lombardozzi/Polsinelli/Tersigni/La Rocca/Gismondi from Sora,Frosinone.
Gina501
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Gina501 »

Thanks Sheronb. I didn't know how to say that!

However, if someone could still translate, I would be appreciative. I want to get it right, as I am writing to about 20 people. Thanks.
Gina
Searching for surnames Ignazio, Graziano, Trella, Del Principe, Biani, Subrizi, Della Valle

http://ignaziogenealogy.com
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by VaDeb »

Here is a form letter for writing to potential relatives in Italy. Not exactly what you wrote, but probably close enough to get your point across.

http://www.anzwers.org/free/italiangen/ ... #relatives

Debbie
Gina501
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Gina501 »

That is exactly the letter I was going to use. But the last time I tried to use it, someone changed it around. I have all the other paragraphs in the letter already translated, but I need to have this opening paragraph translated because it is so specific. I have been told that I am most definitely related to the 17 Del Principe's I am going to write to and I want to make sure I get it right. But thanks, I have used this letter several times before.
Gina
Searching for surnames Ignazio, Graziano, Trella, Del Principe, Biani, Subrizi, Della Valle

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Gina501 wrote: I found your address in the Italian White Pages. I am trying to contact people that may be related to me that still live in Pescasseroli. I am writing to those Del Principe's with the same given name as my great-great-grandmother. Her name was Maria Luigia Del Principe and she was born around 1842 in Pescasseroli. Her parents were Rafael Del Principe and Anna Libori. She married a Trella who was also from Pescasseroli. Maria Luigia Del Principe emigrated to the United States in April 1898. She was around 60 years old and a widow. She brought with her a daughter named Maria Nicola Trella who was 18 years old, and they were meeting Maria Luigia's sons, Antonio and Domenico Trella in New York.
Ho trovato il suo indirizzo sull'elenco telefonico. Sto contattano persone che potrebbero essere imparentate con me e che vivono ancora a Pescasseroli. Sto contattando le persone con cognome Del Principe, la mia trisavola Luigia Del Principe è nata a Pescasseroli nel 1842 circa. I suoi genitori erano Raffaele Del Principe e Anna Libori. Era sposata con un Trella, anche lui di Pescasseroli. Maria Luigia Del Principe è emigrata negli Stati Uniti nell'aprile del 1898, quando aveva circa 56 anni ed era vedova. Viaggiava con lei la figlia Maria Nicola Trella di 18 anni, e dovevano incontrare i figli di Maria Luigia, Antonio e Domenico Trella.
Gina501
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Gina501 »

As usual Livio, thank you for being so gracious.
Gina