Hello again,
On a 1907 manifest that lists my great grandmother coming over, it has these numbers which I am assuming they are a naturalization code.If anyone can help me understand it, that would be great. The number is 6 104 023 505 North and under it reads 8-12-40and then her children have something like 6 0606 and 6 0605. Thanks for any help!
understanding numbers for naturalization
Re: understanding numbers for naturalization
This may help, vj
For reference,
1907 manifest
page 2
Lines 2-4
Anna Altobelli 6-104023 505 no CA 8-12?-40
son Florindo D'Angelo 6-20606
son Nicola D'Angleo 6-20605
two links that may help explain notations
JewishGen
Lou Alfano's Info Abt Passenger Lists
and
Finding US Naturalization Records
For reference,
1907 manifest
page 2
Lines 2-4
Anna Altobelli 6-104023 505 no CA 8-12?-40
son Florindo D'Angelo 6-20606
son Nicola D'Angleo 6-20605
two links that may help explain notations
JewishGen
Lou Alfano's Info Abt Passenger Lists
and
Finding US Naturalization Records
Re: understanding numbers for naturalization
Thank you. I have looked on these sites and maybe I am overlooking something, but is there a website or something that can tell me what those numbers mean- like city of naturalization etc.??
- AnotherCitizenToBe
- Rookie

- Posts: 79
- Joined: 07 Apr 2007, 00:00
Re: understanding numbers for naturalization
Look again at the "Certificate of Arrival" section in the Lou Afano link above. The format seems about right to me.raviolis wrote:Thank you. I have looked on these sites and maybe I am overlooking something, but is there a website or something that can tell me what those numbers mean- like city of naturalization etc.??

