D'angelo Altobelli, Bucciarelli in San Vito Chietino

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
raviolis

D'angelo Altobelli, Bucciarelli in San Vito Chietino

Post by raviolis »

Looking to connect with anyone who is researching family with these surnames. My great grandparents were from San VIto Chietino, Chieti, Abruzzi area. They first moved to Argentina in the late 1800's and then to Pittsburgh,PA by 1907. Thank you
raviolis

Re: D'angelo Altobelli, Bucciarelli in San Vito Chietin

Post by raviolis »

Is there anyone else researching these surnames? Is there a meaning to any of these surnames?
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

raviolis,

Welcome to the Group.

We'd love to help but I think if you could provide a bit more information it would be easier. At the moment, your questions are specific...you ask for anyone researching the names and if there is a meaning to the surname. If you instead provide your families info, we may be able to locate passenger lists, census records, draft cards, etc and from there maybe you can identify other family members.

I hope this helps and look forward to hearing from you!
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Here's a draft card but its for a Joseph..living in Pittsburg, from an Vito..

World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918
about Joseph Altobelli
Name: Joseph Altobelli
City: Pittsburgh
County: Allegheny
State: Pennsylvania
Birth Date: 15 Mar 1886
Race: White
Roll: 1909245
DraftBoard: 16

WW1 Draft Card Registration Cards for Joseph Altobelli
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
raviolis

Post by raviolis »

Thank you so much for your reply. This is what I am working on . My great grandmother was born Anna NIcoletta Altobelli April 08, 1872 in San Vito Chietino, Chieti, Abruzzo, Italy.She had one sister, Sabina and I think two brothers, John and Tony. She had a nephew Rocco Altobelli who a sailor (I found plenty of his manifests on Ancestry.com) Her father was Arcangelo Altobelli and I do not know who her mother was. Her husband was Enrico (Henry) D'angelo b. abt 1865 in Chieti, Abruuzo, Italy.Here are some questions I am trying to find answers to:

How do you pronounce Chietino and Chieti

I do not know who Henry D'angelo's parents were or even if he was born in San Vito Chietino. I am assuming he was since that is where he and my great grandmother married.

I would also like to find a marriage certificate for them so if you know where to write for that, please let me know!!

Where do I write a letter for Anna's and Enrico's birth certificate?

I was told that even though m y grandfather Nicola D'angelo b. 1899 in Santa Lucia, Argentina, South America was born out of Italy, that he was still registered in Italy. How do I go about finding his birth cert. in South America and Italy? They had to have gone back to Italy after he was born because they are on the ship Florida coming to USA in 1907 from Naples port.

Sorry if this question is more for the Immigration/Emmigration site. I have a post up there too!

Thank you again for your help!
Angel
Cathynap
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Cathynap »

Raviolis
If you are really serious about finding all this out there is a way. Go to the LDS FHL website:
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... umns=*,0,0
This link is a link to your village records. Click on view film notes at the top. This will show a list of available microfilms for the records you need. I have found these most helpful. I have found my Grandfather's entire family - hundreds of them! If you need more help with this let me know.
raviolis

Post by raviolis »

Thanks. I will do that.
dfoisy

Post by dfoisy »

Hi my name is donna and i'm form massachusetts my fathers name was enrico d'angelo and he was born in orsogna italy i to am looking for information as i was born out of wedlock...please contact me and we can compare notes.
thanks
raviolis

Post by raviolis »

This would not be my great grandfather. He was born in San Vito Chietino vicinity and they only had2 living children that were boys. Good luck in your search!
brianmengini

Re: D'angelo Altobelli, Bucciarelli in San Vito Chietino

Post by brianmengini »

Hello! I too am researching D'Angelo and Altobelli for S Vito
mikedangelo26

Re: D'angelo Altobelli, Bucciarelli in San Vito Chietino

Post by mikedangelo26 »

AHH fellow D'Angelo's Let me know what you find out. Not Likely that we are related Being that D'Angelo is the Smith of Italy. But i love to know what you Find