Costanzo/Anania/Futino/Mazzo--from Bianchi & Decollatura

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
dmcshaw

Costanzo/Anania/Futino/Mazzo--from Bianchi & Decollatura

Post by dmcshaw »

Seeking help locating my grandfather's family/ancestors in Calabria.

Pietro (Pete) Costanzo (my grandfather), immigrated to US 1907, born 29 Jun 1891 in Decollatura, CZ, to Maria Giovanna Anania and Giuseppe Costanzo. He lived in the Washington, DC - Maryland areas of the US.

Brother -- Filippo (Phillip) Costanzo, immigrated to US 1910, born 5 Nov 1893, Bianchi, CS, to Maria Giovanna Anania and Giuseppe Costanzo (may have returned to Bianchi in the 1930's). He lived in the Washington, DC, Maryland area of the US up to 1930.

Sister -- Maria Concetta Costanzo Futino, immigrated to US 1922, born 2 Jun 1889 in Bianchi, CS, to Maria Giovanna Anania and Giuseppe Costanzo (returned to Bianchi in the early 1930's) She lived in Washington, DC until the early 1930's.

Brother-in-law -- Francesco (Frank) Futino, immigrated to the US in 1913, was born 9 Oct 1887 in Bianchi, CS, to Antonio Futino and Teresa Mirabelli. He returned to Bianchi in the early 1930's. He lived in Washington, DC - Maryland areas until the early 1930's.

Sister -- Michelina Costanzo, born 3 May 1896, in Bianchi, CS, to Maria Giovanna Anania and Giuseppe Costanzo. Michelina stayed behind in Bianchi and, as far as we know, never visited the U.S.

Also seeking information on the following relatives, also from Bianchi:

An Uncle Luigi Costanzo, who, according to my grandfather's ship manifest, lived in Baltimore, Maryland, when my grandfather immigrated to the US in 1907.

A cousin, Elisabeth Bertha Costanzo Mazzo, possibly the daughter of Luigi Costanzo, lived in Hagerstown, Maryland, with her husband, Francesco (Frank) Saverio Mazzo.

Any assistance anyone may be able to offer from Italy in locating my family records, photos, and family descendants in Decollatura and Bianchi would be greatly appreciated.
Denise Costanzo Shaw
dmcshaw@hughes.net