Prison Records

As a nation state, Italy has emerged only in 1871. Until then the country was politically divided into a large number of independant cities, provinces and islands. The currently available evidences point out to a dominant Etruscan, Greek and Roman cultural influence on today's Italians.
Last
Veteran
Veteran

Prison Records

Post by Last »

Good morning everyone. Could someone direct me to the area that I could research old prison records or court documents. I am researching the fact that one of my relatives was in prison in Italy April 10, 1910 for a theft.

Thank you for you help.
Last
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Prison Records

Post by Last »

I have a question, I have posted many topics on this site and have received very few answers. Am I not asking for help in the proper terminology. I am sure I say please and thank you. I do see that the topics have been viewed, but not one person replies. What am I doing wrong, tell me and I will correct it.

Thank you.................... :?
MauroMags
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MauroMags »

Prison records from Italy are a group of documents that although i'm sure exist...are probably very difficult to obtain. therefore, since few people have expertise in obtaining such records, you recieved few responses.

I once attempted to obtain U.S. prison documents from the 1930s, and i had the police archivist admit to me over the phone that he had the record in his hand but he couldn't reveal the info unless i had specific permission from municipal authorities or judge. My guess that these types of records are very delicate regardless of where they are located
Last
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Last »

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

WOuld it be easier to obtain court records?
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

You are doing nothing wrong!!!!! :)

Sometimes we just don't know the answer....... :? And until someone comes along who does.....the post may go unanswered. Or it has been overlooked, especially if it is not on the top ten latest postings......then it may get buried 2 or 3 pages back.....

And by all means, feel free to bring the topic back to the top again so we can all see it and perhaps come up with an answer for you!!

wldspirit

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

Old prison records and court records are kept in the Archivio di Stato of the province your ancestor was arrested of judged.
Give us all and any details you have, and we put you in the right direction
Let us know
bye Riccardo
Last
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Last »

Hello Riccardo, thank you for replying to me. I have the document in my computer, could I send it to your e-mail address. I have a dear friend who has been a help to me in the past and continue to do so, but I know he has other responsibilities and I would like to take some of the burden off of him and try to do so research on my own. Again could I send the document to your e-mail address?
Last
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Last »

~post removed as per posters request~nuccia
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

As you have conducted private business off board to obtain services from members then I ask that you continue to do it off board please.

This forum is a free forum and for general research needs only. Once you have specific requests such as the one you have, it is no longer general so may I suggest you contact Riccardo directly to discuss this research further?
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
Last
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Last »

Sorry if I upset you or anyone else, I didn't know the intricacies of this form.

I can promise you that it will never happen again now that I know the rules and regulations to follow.

Will you still permit me to use this site as I enjoy reading the information and also need information to learn about my family.

SORRY

Chuck :oops: :cry: :?
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Chuck yes of course, though could you please remove your post? If you are unsure how to do this, please let me know and I would be happy to remove it for you.

Thanks for your quick reply..it really is appreciated.
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
Last
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Last »

Hi, Thank you very much. :D :D :)

Which post do you mean and I dont know how to do that. Help me please.
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Last,

No worries..its taken care of. :D
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
Last
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Last »

Very good I see what you did. Sorry again.

I now have a question for you if I could.
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Sure,

We're here to help if we can.
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database