need help with surname
need help with surname
I found the name Nunziatta Mastade-- on my grandfather's death certificate listed as his mother's maiden name. The last two letters are somewhat illegible but it looks like they are ia. I can not find this surname on any websites. Anybody have an idea what this surname might really be? My grandfather, Antonio Errico, was from Laurino in Campania. Thanks.
Re: need help with surname
Two current similar names from Laurino:
Mastandrea
Mastrandrea
Try letter combinations using
this site
Mastandrea
Mastrandrea
Try letter combinations using
this site
Re: need help with surname
Thanks so much for your help and the link vj. I was really puzzled by that name. I think you've put me on the right track. I checked and there are also quite a few of both names in the neighboring towns of Piaggine and Valle Dell'Angelo.
Re: need help with surname
John,
I have a complete copy of all births/dead/Marriages in Valle dell'Angelo from 1875 to 1940. The name Mastrandrea is a common name in Valle dell'Angelo. Mastandrea does also exist in Valle dell'Angelo but is a known misspelling of Mastrandrea. Cavallo is also known in Valle dell'Angelo but is originaly from Piaggine.
Long time ago Valle dell'Angelo was named "Piaggine Sottane" and the now called Piaggine was "Piaggine Soprane". Longer time ago before it was a village, Piaggine (Plagenarum in Latin) was the market place of Laurino. In those days and still in the local dialect Piaggine = Chiaine, which means sand and stone.
Let me know if you want me to lookup something.
I have a complete copy of all births/dead/Marriages in Valle dell'Angelo from 1875 to 1940. The name Mastrandrea is a common name in Valle dell'Angelo. Mastandrea does also exist in Valle dell'Angelo but is a known misspelling of Mastrandrea. Cavallo is also known in Valle dell'Angelo but is originaly from Piaggine.
Long time ago Valle dell'Angelo was named "Piaggine Sottane" and the now called Piaggine was "Piaggine Soprane". Longer time ago before it was a village, Piaggine (Plagenarum in Latin) was the market place of Laurino. In those days and still in the local dialect Piaggine = Chiaine, which means sand and stone.
Let me know if you want me to lookup something.


