Researching surnames Pettine, Tamasi, Pannone and Corrado

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
fiveoharts50

Researching surnames Pettine, Tamasi, Pannone and Corrado

Post by fiveoharts50 »

I'm researchnig my paternal ancestors all of whom came from the Isernia, Molise area and settled in the Hudson Valley area of New York. Any information would be appreciated.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

You need vital data like town of origin and birth year for each. Go to www.ellisisland.org and look them all up. Italian woman never lose their identity so their names are intact in the ellis island website despite marriage their entry is in maiden name. When you find them you find town of origim, date of birth and other data as well. Once you have the town then you can either write for documents, look for relatives or condcut research on microfilm of civil records of town of origin at Mormon church Family History Library....and this is due by next tuesday! Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

To inspire you further go to www.paginebianche.it and insert the surname (one at a time) in the first line and IS (Isernia city and province) in the third line and clcik Cerca for persons currrently residing in that area with thoise surnames. Peter
Tamasi1866

Re: Researching surnames Pettine, Tamasi, Pannone and Corrado

Post by Tamasi1866 »

fiveoharts50 wrote: 04 Nov 2003, 03:14 I'm researchnig my paternal ancestors all of whom came from the Isernia, Molise area and settled in the Hudson Valley area of New York. Any information would be appreciated.
My great great grandfather is Antonio "Mike" Tamasi 1866-1905 according to ancestry sites from Isernia,Molise, Italy. Married to Antonia Pandone 1872-1934 and their son my great grandfather Louis "Louie" Thompson 1897-1977 lived in Orange County NY so last name changed to Thompson. I'm from the same area, lived in nyc for awhile and went to art school but came back. I was curious about claiming italian dual citizenship after I discovered this fact!