searching for family in italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
luczkiewicz

searching for family in italy

Post by luczkiewicz »

i would like to know how i go about finding any living members of my mothers family in italy. Ican remember my mother saying she came from napoli, and my mothers fathers name, and he was a farmer. I dont know where abouts in napoli, she came over to england when she was 17 to work and ended up stopping.I have had no joy with my sisters and brothers, all they know is napoli. My father was polish and i am now in contact with them but they say the same.I would like to be able to go and visit the place where my mother grew up but i have tried everything but just keep coming to a dead end.Could you please advise me.
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: searching for family in italy

Post by ricbru »

you first need to have the birth certificate or record of your mother, that is a starting point
Riccardo
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Post by BillieDeKid »

What is your mothers full name? What is her fathers full name? What year was your mother born?
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by jcsm400 »

Other sources that may have your mother's birth town information would be her marriage record, her death record, birth and/or baptismal records for her children.

jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
luczkiewicz

Post by luczkiewicz »

thankyou for replying unfortunatly i dont have birth certificate. I have traced her marriage and only have marriage certificate . :(
luczkiewicz

Post by luczkiewicz »

Marriage certificate is from halifax in england.