Franchi or Molteni surname in Como

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jeffseppe

Franchi or Molteni surname in Como

Post by jeffseppe »

I'm a newbie at this so thanks for your patience. I'm looking for my father-in-law's (Ed) relatives from the Como area. Ed is 80 years old and we both want to visit Italy next spring. His mother's name was Bianca Franchi and she was born in Como on October 13, 1900. She later lived in Patterson, New Jersey. Bianca's parents were Carlotta and Guiseppe Franchi.
Ed's father was Edward Charles Molteni. Ed's paternal grandparents were Antonio and Henrietta Molteni also from the Como area.
Thank you for your help and direction.
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Re: Franchi or Molteni surname in Como

Post by BillieDeKid »

Here are the italian white pages. I used Franchi for the surname and Como for the location. You can do the same for Molteni. You may want to contact/write some of them and see if they are related. Something else that might be helpful so people can help you - Italian women kept their maiden names, do you know what Carlotta and Henrietta's maiden names were. Also, was your father-in-law born in the USA or Italy etc. The more information you can provide makes it easier for people to help.

http://www.paginebianche.it/execute.cgi ... o&ind=&nc=

I'm no expert, still learning - but I hope this helps.

Regards,
Elizabeth
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Post by BillieDeKid »

One more thing - Look at the top of the site above your post and you'll see Forum FAQ and next to that is Search. Select the search and type in Franchi and then search. It will bring up every post that has that surname as the subject line or if the surname is in the text body of any post. There seem to be quite a few for Franchi and one other one besides yours for Molteni.

You may want to read the posts and see what info you can find out.

Happy reading.

Elizabeth
Barga

Post by Barga »

I know who you should contact:

Antonio Franchi
Lupinaia Fosciandora
Lucca 55020
ITALY
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by elba »

Barga wrote:I know who you should contact:

Antonio Franchi
Lupinaia Fosciandora
Lucca 55020
ITALY
Isn't that where YOUR Franchi's are from? 'jeffseppe' is searching for people from the Como area - and that's a good 350km from Lucca...
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"