Inzerillo & Sanzone marriage records

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Lindzy1

Inzerillo & Sanzone marriage records

Post by Lindzy1 »

My Grandfather Antonio Inzerillo came from Palermo and My Grandmother Crocifissa Sanzone came from Camoreale. They were married in Italy but we don't know where but it would have been anywhere from 1898-1905. Where could I find this info?
Thanks,
Linda C. :?:
pink67
Master
Master

Re: Inzerillo & Sanzone marriage records

Post by pink67 »

Hi Linda and welcome!

Do you have other elements just to facilitate this search as date births, date of arrivals, or did they travel togheter??

Laura :)
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

First name: Crocifissa
Last name: Sansono (but from the manifest I see Sansone)
Last place of residence: Camporeale, Sicily
Date of arrival: March, 16, 1911
Age 28 (birth year 1883)
Married
she was going to her husband Inzerillo Antonino in Boone Iowa....
Leaving her father Sansone Domenico in Camporeale...

1920 Census for the Inzerillo Family in Boone - Iowa

In this census they declared to be naturalized in 1919
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918
about Antonnio Inzerillo
Name: Antonnio Inzerillo
City: Not Stated
County: Black Hawk
State: Iowa
Birth Date: 18 Aug 1878 Race: White
Roll: 1642908
DraftBoard: 0

[img=http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/5975 ... hb2.th.jpg]
Lindzy1

Post by Lindzy1 »

YOU ARE WONDERFUL !!!! I cannot tell you happy you have made me by your assistance. My Grandparents went to Boone, Iowa in the early 1900's from Sicily and nobody in tha family knows why they went there. The rest of the family was in New York and Akron. My grandfather died suddenly from a tooth infection when my dad was an infant, so the info is very limited. I am planning a trip to Sicily with my children, and I would love to visit the church where they were married, but I don't even know their birthdays, so any help with how to find it would be so appreciated. I am so thankful to you for your help. My Dad is 86 and he is so excited to have this information about his parents. I can't thank you enough.
Lindzy1
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

In researching my family I discovered they had at one time lived in
Spring Valley, Illinois.....no one in our family was aware of this, or knew why they would have settled there. Upon closer examination of the area, I discovered that Spring Valley was the site of major coal mining and had advertised overseas for immigrant workers.

Perhaps there is some industry in the past of Boone that would have attracted them to the area. Just a thought!!
wldspirit :)

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

Linda! Thank you!!! I'm touched.... :D
I am italian, and simply I payed one month of subscription to Ancestry.com just to search my grandfather's census, I have free time and like very much to do these searches... (sorry for my english, this is a school for me!!)
Well, I'll post you the 1930 Census for the family Inzerillo, Crocifissa changed her name in Christina, is widowed, and they were living in Brooklyn... but unfortunately she declared to be Alien, so you can't search in her naturalization papers.... but surely here someone can advise you how to find the right places in which Crocifissa and Antonino were married.... Here are very qualified persons that can help you...

Lindzy1

Post by Lindzy1 »

Two weeks ago I took my Dad to Boone, and we realized what a big "railroad town" it is. We know that he did work on the railroad there, so I guess it's possible that he found out somehow that they needed laborers.
Lindzy1

Post by Lindzy1 »

I must be honest. I have joined ancestry.com, but I don't know how to search in the proper manner, because I have not found out too much information. I still do not know Crocifissa's birth date, something my Dad would very much like to know. I was hoping to find that out along with the Church they were married in.
I very much appreciate your help.
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

From 1930 census it seems she was born in 1887
From 1920 census = 1884
From Manifest of arrival = 1883

I think the most credible year is 1883 (from the arrival manifest) but maybe someone else can tell you where we can search to find this date...
If she was naturalized you can request the naturalization paper but I don't think she was....

We have to find Antonino's Arrival Manifest....

Laura
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Were the children born in Boone? Baptized there? By pulling birth and church records you may discover additional clues to follow. Church records are a wonderful source of info.
Have you searched for a death certificate? Cemetery records?
Ancestry is great, but not all databases are complete, depends on the state.
Pink is right, finding a manifest for Antonino will uncover more clues!!

wldspirit

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
Biff83
Master
Master

Post by Biff83 »

Just a quick note that the railroad Antonio worked for was the Chicago & Northwestern RR per his WWI Draft card (C&NW).

Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

possible 1910 census
line 91
living with other RR workers, immig 1908
single?
Lindzy1

Post by Lindzy1 »

Oh I LOVE you all. This is such a happy day for me.Thank you so much. We saw a railroad when we went to Boone, but we were there on a Saturday and the museums were closed, so we didn't find anything out about the railroad. We did find his grave in Sacred Heart Cemetary, and it was a simple headstone that said Tony Inzerillo 1878-1922. This was a surprise to us, because we thought it would have been Anthony or Antonio or Antonino. Yes the children were born in Boone and baptized at Sacred Heart Church, but my Dad's Baptismal certificate only has the date of birth and his parents names. I still don't know his mother, Crocifissa's birth date.
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

Linda,
you said that Antonino and Crocifissa had part of the family in New York and Akron, can you tell us others names of this family, so while searching their Arrival manifest maybe something jump up?
Anyway I saw that many Inzerillo/Inzirillo where from Camporeale too..
Laura