In a death document, when it is written:
Antonina Germano vedova di Pietro Catinella.
Does it mean that Pietro Catinella is a widower and was married before?
Ron
More Help Please
-
peggymckee
- Elite

- Posts: 264
- Joined: 22 Jun 2007, 00:00
Re: More Help Please
"Vedova"=widow. Antonina is the widow(vedova) of (di) Pietro or (as you put it) Pietro is the widower of Antonina. Why do you think it means that Pietro was married before? Before what/who? Peggy M
Surnames: Bertellotti - Ridolfi - Marchi
Re: More Help Please
Thanks peggy,
Through my findings I have and ancestor Pietro Catinella who was born 1803-1805 and married a Maria Amenta in 1828. I have a death document for a Antonina Germano aged 50 years old who died in 1858 and her husband appears to be Pietro Catinella in which they were married in 1829. I know it could be a common name but I'm thinking maybe Maria Amenta died shortly after her and Pietro's marriage (1828-1829) and if Pietro is the widower then possibly he could be the same Pietro who married Antonina Germano (also an ancestor) in 1829.
That's why I'm wondering if "Vedova di pietro" means pietro was married before.
Through my findings I have and ancestor Pietro Catinella who was born 1803-1805 and married a Maria Amenta in 1828. I have a death document for a Antonina Germano aged 50 years old who died in 1858 and her husband appears to be Pietro Catinella in which they were married in 1829. I know it could be a common name but I'm thinking maybe Maria Amenta died shortly after her and Pietro's marriage (1828-1829) and if Pietro is the widower then possibly he could be the same Pietro who married Antonina Germano (also an ancestor) in 1829.
That's why I'm wondering if "Vedova di pietro" means pietro was married before.
- BillieDeKid
- Master

- Posts: 1207
- Joined: 29 Jul 2007, 00:00
- Location: Illinois
Re: More Help Please
Hi Ron,
One way to tell if it's the same Pietro is to look at both marriage certificates and after his name should be his fathers first name and also his mothers name. If these are the same on both documents than Pietro would be the same person in each.
Hope this might help to clarify the two documents for you. I'll be interested to find out if he is one in the same. Post back and let us know.
Regards,
Elizabeth
One way to tell if it's the same Pietro is to look at both marriage certificates and after his name should be his fathers first name and also his mothers name. If these are the same on both documents than Pietro would be the same person in each.
Hope this might help to clarify the two documents for you. I'll be interested to find out if he is one in the same. Post back and let us know.
Regards,
Elizabeth
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: More Help Please
Antonina Germano is the widow of Pietro Catinella.ronb116 wrote: Antonina Germano vedova di Pietro Catinella.
(Pietro died before Antonina...)
