LUCCHESI, LUCHESI Family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Pollycat76

LUCCHESI, LUCHESI Family

Post by Pollycat76 »

I am helping a friend of Italian descent to trace his family history. When his grandfather married at St James Church, Plumstead, Kent, on 22nd September 1923 he gave his name as John Alexander LUCCHESI, with a father of John LUCCHESI, both confectioners. I traced the grandfather's birth cert where he was called Giovanni Alessio LUCCHESI, Father's name Alberto, mother Annie, nee JONES. He was born on 21st July 1901 at 17 Terra Cotta Terrace, Erith U.D. I have an Ancestry subscription and as Giovanni (John) was born just after the 1901 Census was taken, I was hoping to be able to find his parents, but no luck. The family say they had always lived in the Dartford area. I also found the Birth of a Clementina L. LUCCHESI born in the Sept Qtr of 1900 registered Dartford 2a 518., thinking she might be a sibling, but could not find her on the 1901 Census either. I did check for the early death of a Clementina LUCCHESI, but not found.

I have searched the 1901 Census for an Alberto, with various spellings LUCASI, LUCESI, LUCHESI, plus the current name which has been changed to LUCAS, but no success.

I would appreciate any help or ideas.

Polly
vj
Master
Master

Re: LUCCHESI, LUCHESI Family

Post by vj »

He was born on 21st July 1901 at 17 Terra Cotta Terrace,
Erith U.D

Hi Polly and welcome to the forum :D !

There may have been a family that was missed at
17 Terra Cotta Terace in 1901...
1901 census
Pollycat76

Re: LUCCHESI, LUCHESI Family

Post by Pollycat76 »

Thank you for posting the Census entry for 17 Terra Cotta Terrace. It is frustrating being born so near to the 1901 and not finding the family anywhere.

Regards
Polly