Italian Americans in Connecticut, 1942

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
DeborahLar
Rookie
Rookie

Italian Americans in Connecticut, 1942

Post by DeborahLar »

I have come across a 1942 publication entitled "Who's Who of Italian American Descent in Connecticut" on worldvitalrecords.com. If you have relatives from Connecticut and you do not have access to www.worldvitalrecords.com (subscripton required) I would be happy to look up your Italian surname for you.

Deborah Aceto Larsen
born New Haven, Connecticut

researching: Buono (Di Buono, La Buono) Aceto, Ruocco, Martoriello, Luzzi, Pizzuto
dalbino83
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Italian Americans in Connecticut, 1942

Post by dalbino83 »

Sure! How about Albino?

Thanks,
Donna
born in Waterbury, CT
DeborahLar
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DeborahLar »

No Albino. Closest spelling is Alibrio. There is a John and Anthon both from Hartford.
NYJudi
Rookie
Rookie

Post by NYJudi »

DeborahLar wrote:I have come across a 1942 publication entitled "Who's Who of Italian American Descent in Connecticut" on worldvitalrecords.com. If you have relatives from Connecticut and you do not have access to www.worldvitalrecords.com (subscripton required) I would be happy to look up your Italian surname for you.

Deborah Aceto Larsen
born New Haven, Connecticut

researching: Buono (Di Buono, La Buono) Aceto, Ruocco, Martoriello, Luzzi, Pizzuto
How about Tinto or Colombo? I know the Tinto's lived in the New Haven area but I don't think it was as early as 1942.
DeborahLar
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DeborahLar »

There is a Paul Frederick Tino but no Tinto. There is a Frank A. Columbo. He was a barber and a justice of the peace. Born in Vietri sul Mare, Salerno, Italy Jan. 21, 1894. Son of John Colombo and Vincenza Pallarino. Was brought to America in 1900 settling in South Norwalk, where he was educated in the public schools. Later learned the barber's trade through his uncle. In 1914 he established his barber shop at South Norwalk. On 10/23/1921 he married Millie D'Andria of New York City. Children: Vivian, Rose, and Frank. Residence: 9 Hanford Place South Norwalk. (1942)

Let me know if this was helpful.

:D
Clicker
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Clicker »

What a very kind offer...Would you mind looking up Talamelli please? I believe they are in New Haven and another Connecticut town that escapes me...VERY much appreciated
DeborahLar
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DeborahLar »

No Talamelli's sorry.
RobynGiana

Post by RobynGiana »

Hello! Would you mind looking for Bianchi and Cannarella?
Thank You much!
DeborahLar
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DeborahLar »

Bianchi:

There is a John A. Bianchi, proprietor of Elks Bowling Alleys of New Haven, CT. Born in New Haven 5/18/1910 the son of Joseph Bianchi and Josephine Loschi. Educated at local schools then entered into the bowling enterprise with his father in 1923. In 1933 Mr. Bianchi with his father opened the Elks Bowling Alleys on Crown Street. In 1935 he became the National Duck Pin Champion with a record score of 458 for 3 games. on 6/27/1934 he married Beatrice K. Callegari of New Haven, CT a former school teacher. Daughter: Joan Beatrice. Business 216 Crown Street and Residence: 146 Davenport Ave, New Haven (1942)

There is also a Marie Louise Bianchi: Instructor at Bassett Junior High School of New Haven, CT. Born in Bologna Italy 4/29/1909. Daughter of Joseph and Di Norah Molina. Came to America at age 1. Graduated New Haven High in 1927, Albertus Magnus in 1931 and Yale Graduate School in 1933. Began her teaching career in the Commerical Evening High School in 1935 and substitued at Fair Haven Junior High. Since 1936 teaching Latin and Romance Languages at the Bassett Junior High. Residence 401 Grand Avenue, New Haven, CT (1942).

Let me know if this was helpful.
DeborahLar
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DeborahLar »

Nothing on Cannarella
meganlynn86

Post by meganlynn86 »

Can you please look up Salerni and Lapila? We're from the New Britain area.

Thank you so much,
Megan, New Britain, CT
DeborahLar
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DeborahLar »

Salerni: There is a Laura Marie Salerni who was a teacher. Born in New Britian, April 1, 1913. Daughter of Nicholas Salerni and Adelina D'Addario. Graduated High School 1931: Bay Path Institute of Springfield, 1933. Attended summer sessions at NYU and extension courses at Teachers College of CT; graduated 1942 , BS. Began teaching at New Britain High School 1934-1937. Teacher of Commercial Subjects at New Britain HS and at Central Evening school since 1937. Member: CT Teachers Assn. Teachers Club of New Britain; Italian Junior League, Fond of golf, reading and music. Hobby: Photography. Father was born Salle Pescara, Italy, came to America in 1907 settling in New Britain. Children, Laura, Harry, Anthony, Margaret, John and Frank. Res. 459 Myrtle St. New Britain.

Is this your family?

Deborah Aceto Larsen
DeborahLar
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DeborahLar »

Lapila: Nothing found.
mmiles

Post by mmiles »

Hello Deborah,

I have a real challenge for you! I am looking for a woman named Samantha and her last name could almost be SAVAGE. She disliked her last name and liked to be called by the name Savage. She was from Hartford, CT and would be about 40. She went to Northeasten University in the late 80's. She also had a younger sister perhaps ten years her junior. I was thinking something like Slavaggio? Have searched far and wide for her. Was told a few years back that she had committed suicide and I would like to make my peace.

Any help would be greatly appriciated!

Regards,

Mark
DeborahLar
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DeborahLar »

Sorry no Savage or anything close.
Proud to be an Italian American