Calamia/Leperi

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
cjp

Calamia/Leperi

Post by cjp »

I am searching for any information on a Salvatore Calamia from Buicino, Italy came to New Orleans, La. sometime about 1900. He was married to a Maria or Maryann Leperi from Roccamena, Italy. They had two children in Italy and 3 more when they came to NO. Salvatore may also go by the name of Thomas. Some of my grandmothers papers state his name as Salvatore however I did come accross one that had him down as Thomas. He died in NO at about the age of 35-39. Maryann remarried a DiVicenti. It is my understanding that she came from a wealthy family of Olive growers. Her mother died when she was young and her father sent her to live and attend school in a convent. Any additional information will help!!!!!!!
<BR>Thanks,
<BR>cjp
<BR>Thanks...
ptimber
Master
Master

Calamia/Leperi

Post by ptimber »

Go to the nearest Family History Library of the mormon church nearest your home (Telephone book?) and request microfilm T618-4 which is the catalog number for National Archives. The Family History library has the number for this miucrofilm in their main librarty in Salt Lake City as FHL#1412577. This will cover Salvatore Calamia. Leperi is T61812 and the FHL# is1412585. Di Vicenti is T618-7 and FHL# is1412580. Peter
cjp

Calamia/Leperi

Post by cjp »

Thanks, I will give it a shot...
ptimber
Master
Master

Calamia/Leperi

Post by ptimber »

the entry data into NO will furnish you with the info needed for your research. Peter