BORLENGHI

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mapach

BORLENGHI

Post by mapach »

Hi all! I am from Argentina, I think I have a quite broad family tree, which my family in Busetto Italy had just sent me. But I would like to know if there are other Borlenghi spread around teh globe, who have some information about this surname or anybopdy else who could help me with this. My greatgrandfather emigrated to Argentina he was 12 years old, Andrea Borlenghi, and his father was Pasquale Borlenghi married to Clotilde Ferrari.
Thanks indeed to read this post!
Christian
misbris
Master
Master

Re: BORLENGHI

Post by misbris »

Not too many Borlenghi came through Ellis Island and it looks like many of these came through France. If any of these name are in your family history, let me know and I'll post the manifest.

1Borlenghi, Battista Italy 47 1865 1912
2 Borlenghi, Battista Sahet 39 1865 1904
3 Borlenghi, Carlo Regoledo 22 1883 1905
4 Borlenghi, Ch. 24 1869 1893
5 Borlenghi, Charles 41 1870 1911
6 Borlenghi, Charles Lakegl... 34 1870 1904
7 Borlenghi, Francis 34 1877 1911
8 Borlenghi, Fricolo 14 1898 1912
9 Borlenghi, Louis 11 1900 1911
10 Borlenghi, Pietro 50 1862 1912
11 Borlenghi, Vittori Italy 40 1872 1912
mapach

Post by mapach »

Hi! Thank you for teh prompt respons! Unfortunalety none of these Borlenghi seem to be in my family, but I guess we all come from one Borlenghi, Am I wrong? I am new to all this and its incredible to find out more and more about the family. I think we are only two Borlenghi branches here in Argentina, so I guess there are not so many around the world, as other surnames. Its very difficult to find out information about Borlenghi on the internet. Thanks again!
Christian
misbris
Master
Master

Post by misbris »

Have you seen this site? There are a number of listings for Borlenghi in Italy, Argentina and the US. It looks like there is only one family in the US with that name.

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/search/ ... esults.asp

The FHC also has the church and civil records for Busseto in the province of Parma. Is that the town your family is from?
mapach

Post by mapach »

I have checked that site yes, but none of them match with my family tree, I can be also that some of them are not even listed in the family tree, I know there have been sme discussions in the past, so it is possible, some are not on my tree longer. What do you mean with the FHC? And yes my family cmoes from Busetto and I can track them to the 17??. It s amazing.
Christian
misbris
Master
Master

Post by misbris »

You are very lucky to have traced your family to the 1700's.
The Family History Center of the Mormon Church has many records for Busseto dating back to the 1500's. I don't know how close you are to a Family History Center, but you can order the microfilm and view it at the center. Each roll costs about $6.00 and is rented for a month. It takes about 3 weeks to order.

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... umns=*,0,0
mapach

Post by mapach »

Yes, I am lucky, I found my family through Facebook, I knew they came from Busetto and they knew of my greatgrandfather and sent me a family tree which matched with the one I had here. Incredible, The only thing is that now I want to complete as much information as I can, the other surnames that appear on my family tree, I miss some dates. Well I guess its usual, once you get bite by genealogy, you can never stop!
Thank you!
Christian