Franciosi/Franciosy, Sunderland

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
sprig

Franciosi/Franciosy, Sunderland

Post by sprig »

Hello

I am looking to research my husbands family who emigrated from Italy at the turn of the century. They settled in Sunderland had ran an Ice Cream shop.

It would help if anyone already has any info to start me off.

Thanks.
TIFFANYNUNNER

Re: Franciosi/Franciosy, Sunderland

Post by TIFFANYNUNNER »

more information would be needed for me personally to look anything up

dates of birth, marriage & death
mahart
Veteran
Veteran

Post by mahart »

Hi Sprig,
You need to provide information such as below in order for the forum to be of help.

What is your husbands family name?

Do you know dates of when they arrived say in the UK?

Any idea of how they got here?

Do you know what part of Italy they came from ? etc

Hope this is of help Mark
Searching for Palombella family in Molfetta, Puglia

Mark
mahart
Veteran
Veteran

Post by mahart »

Hi
Found on Ancestry.co.uk

1881 English Census
Mary Francose age 19 yrs born c. 1862 relation boarder born Italy living at 42 Edge Street Manchester. Occupation musician

Paolo Francose aged 22 yrs born c. 1858 relation boarder born Italy living at 42 Edge Street Manchester. Occupation musician

Marriage Index
Maria Franciosi married a Raphaele Guatieri 1884 in Sunderland

If the Manchester link is correct then check Ancoats: Manchester, Little Italy website http://www.ancoatslittleitaly.com/

Regards Mark
Searching for Palombella family in Molfetta, Puglia

Mark
sprig

Post by sprig »

mahart wrote:Hi
Found on Ancestry.co.uk

1881 English Census
Mary Francose age 19 yrs born c. 1862 relation boarder born Italy living at 42 Edge Street Manchester. Occupation musician

Paolo Francose aged 22 yrs born c. 1858 relation boarder born Italy living at 42 Edge Street Manchester. Occupation musician

Marriage Index
Maria Franciosi married a Raphaele Guatieri 1884 in Sunderland

If the Manchester link is correct then check Ancoats: Manchester, Little Italy website http://www.ancoatslittleitaly.com/

Regards Mark
Hi Mark
Thanks for the pointers. I'm looking for the Franciosy's in Sunderland. Its appears the name should be Franciosi but some error made on arrival in this country. The first record appears to be Antonio who was born in Scapoli, Italy around 1825 and died in Sunderland 1906. There is also a Pasqualy who was born in 1857 in Scapoli but have no record of death or whether he is brother or son of Antonio. I also found the marriage of a Pasqualy in 1947 so cant be the same man. My husbands parents - Anthony Stephen Franciosy b 1917 and Nora Whitehead were also married in 1947 and had twin sons my husband Ken and Ron in November of that year. There is an Edward b 1886 who could be the Grandfather but I cant confirm. I think Maria Franciosi could be a sister of Antonio who came to Sunderland first.
Regards Heather
maltmanor

Post by maltmanor »

I am contacting you on behalf of Ann Pike who now lives in Austrailia, she is related to the Franciosy family in Sunderland and would like you to contact her.Her e-mail address is, annmackem@optusnet.com.au
Or write to Ann Pike, 1/24 Casuarina Drive, Banora Point, N.S.W. 2486, Austrailia. Regards Ernie M.
hope this will enable you to get the information from Ann that you are looking for Good Luck.
sammie13

Post by sammie13 »

maltmanor wrote:I am contacting you on behalf of Ann Pike who now lives in Austrailia, she is related to the Franciosy family in Sunderland and would like you to contact her.Her e-mail address is, annmackem@optusnet.com.au
Or write to Ann Pike, 1/24 Casuarina Drive, Banora Point, N.S.W. 2486, Austrailia. Regards Ernie M.
hope this will enable you to get the information from Ann that you are looking for Good Luck.
hiya im samantha perry my maiden name is FRANCIOSY, my dad is michael franciosy and his dad had also the same name which my grandad, his dad was pasqualy franciosy we live in hull my dad has done since he was 3 if there's out i can help you with my email is samanthaperry@rocketmail.com