Fulco family research

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
mfulco

Fulco family research

Post by mfulco »

I'm looking for information about my italian great-grand-father, VICENTE FULCO, mainly his city of origin in Italy or his entry records in Brazil.
The oldest document I have is the birth certificate of my grand-father, also called VICENTE FULCO, born in the city of Mar de Espanha, state of Minas Gerais (MG), in BRAZIL, on July 12th 1904. His ancestor's names on this birth certificate are:
Father (my great-grand-father): VICENTE FULCO - born in Italy (city not specified)
Mother: MARIA SALEMA FULCO - born in Italy (city not specified)
Father's Parents: JOSÉ FULCO and MARIA ANGELA.
Mother's Parents: JOSË SALEMA and ANTONIA ALTROSI

I would be thankful for any information about the FULCO family, its origin in Italy and immigration to Brazil.
email: mfulco@lu.coditel.net
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

As you know you need the town oforigin in Italy for all records and history of your family. There are several Brazil websites . There is one www.memorialdoimigrante.sp.gov.br/formular.Html. Try www.genealogia.com.br and www.imigrantesitalianos.com.br. www.fratellanza.org.br. Lots of luck Peter
Gigizagani

Post by Gigizagani »

Your great-great-grandfather first mane was probably VINCENZO quite common in Sicily.

Fulco is mainly sicilian from PALERMO area
or ENNA area (the so called enterior Sicily)

Many Fulco migrants to USA came from

CEFALU' (near Palermo)

CALASCIBETTA (near Enna)

NICOSIA (near ENNA)

The surname SALEMA doesn't exist at the moment. But there are a lot of SALEMI. Too many!!!

Regards

Giacomo Ganza / Sondrio
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

This inquirer is trying to find the town of origin for his family. All records are in the town of origin. Giving this young man possilbe towns does not assist him. Please concentrate on a valid response. Peter
Djani

Re: Fulco family research

Post by Djani »

We are also Fulco, my father: Aldo Borges Leal Fulco, my grand father josé Fulco(born 1888) and great grand father Luiz Fulco. My father always told us our family come from Calabria.
Wish anyone with info please help us.
Djani

Re: Fulco family research

Post by Djani »

We are also Fulco, my father: Aldo Borges Leal Fulco, my grand father josé Fulco(born 1888) and great grand father Luiz Fulco. My father always told us our family come from Calabria.
Wish anyone with info please help us. we are located in Recife-Pe. Brasil