Antonio Brunetti Ship Manifest

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
KrazyZia
Rookie
Rookie

Antonio Brunetti Ship Manifest

Post by KrazyZia »

Hello! I'm still digging...

I'm looking for the ship Manifests for my Great Grandfather Antonio Brunetti. Resident of Casalvecchio Di Puglia, Foggia, Italy.

Antonio travelled twice from Naples to USA. I'm estimating that the years he travelled were 1912/1913 and 1915/1916. The trend in later years for the family was to arrive in Boston with the final destination being Milford, MA. I'm assuming this is what he did as well, but I have no way of knowing. It's possible he came in to Ellis Island, but I haven't found him on any of the Ellis Island ship lists.

I've found him in the 1920 Census, but nothing earlier. I do believe that he may have lived with an in-law relative by the name of Leonardo D'Aloia (commonly misspelled as Deloia on records). Leonardo D'Aloia lived in Milford, MA.

I know it's kind of a large window of time, but if anyone has access to shiplist information from Boston I would be extremely grateful to them for any information they can scrape up!
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Antonio Brunetti Ship Manifest

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear Ziabella!! Call the Boston office of NARA (USA national archives) at 781-663-0130 which is in Waltham massachusetts and ask one of the staff people if they can check for the name of Antonio Brunetti who came to the USA like the rest of your family thru Boston. Tell them you have to estimate his arrival and give them the dates you think he came. If you do not want to call them then send an e-mail to Waltham.archives@NARA.gov and ask them for the same information about Antonio Brunetti. Also ask them if it would be helpful to file NATF form 81 (for all arrivals in the USA) even though you only have an approximate date of arrival bnut the cost for such a copy to be sent to you if any record is found should cost around $20.00. Please let me know what they say. =Peter=
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear Ziabella you forgot to tell me one important thing and that is the year of birth for Antonio Brunetti and did he have a middle name?? This is important since you will be asked this same information when you call NARA and I can do some checking myself too. =Peter=
KrazyZia
Rookie
Rookie

Post by KrazyZia »

DOB 11-30-1879. I have never seen his middle name on any documents. I'm expecting microfilm from LDS in 2 weeks. Then I should have more details on his middle name, place of birth, etc.
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

Antonio Brunetti

A relative?
1913 manifest
page 2
Jun 1913 SS Canopic Naples to Boston
Line 5
Donato Brunetti 34 (abt 1879)
- married
- last residence Casalvecchio
edited to correct spelling
- wife Domenica in Casalvecchio
- in US 1908 - May 1910?
- joining brother-in-law Leonardo D’Aloia in Milford
- born in Casalvecchio
---

Just for clarity, do any or all of these records
belong to your g-grandfather?
- 1st immigration age 10?
- 1st son b in Italy abt 1905, 2nd son b abt 1911?
Thanks! Valarie

1918 WWI Draft Registration Card
1920 census
- immig 1889
1930 census
- immig 1901
1942 WWII Draft Registration Card
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

It appears from this 1906 manifest
that Antonio’s first name may have been Donato…
Line 3
Jan 1906 SS Romanic to Boston
Donato Ant Brunetti 27 (abt 1879)
- married
- last residence Casalvecchio
- destination Milford, MA
- joining brother-in-law Leonardo D’Aloia at 24? or 104? Main St
(other folks may be headed to the same address)
- held by Dr
edit added
- in US 1900-1904 in Milford
KrazyZia
Rookie
Rookie

Post by KrazyZia »

All of those are my G-Grandfather! I'm not sure about Donato, but it's very possible.
KrazyZia
Rookie
Rookie

Post by KrazyZia »

From the manifest it looks like Donato Ant. Is that what you see. Then maybe his full name was Donato Antonio Brunetti?
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

From the manifest it looks like Donato Ant.
Is that what you see. Then maybe his
full name was Donato Antonio Brunetti?

I think you may be right, your films from the
FHL should have the answer :D .

Valarie
KrazyZia
Rookie
Rookie

Post by KrazyZia »

Your help is invaluable!

Grazie molto!

Joanna
- What cannot be achieved in one lifetime will happen when one lifetime is joined to another.
= Researching Brunetti, D'Aloia, Delfanti, & Milani Family Names. Casalvecchio Di Puglia, & other Arbëreshë communities.
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

did he have a middle name
Credit where it's due - Peter's idea of another name!

Joanna,
You're very welcome, we're all happy to help!
Valarie
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear Ziabella all may have been rersolved by you in calling NARA in Waltham Massachusetts for the information you are seeking since you had his birthdate and a staffer may have given you the information in a short period of time. I have found them to be very helpful, informative and time saving/=Peter=
KrazyZia
Rookie
Rookie

Post by KrazyZia »

Thank you to Peter as well! Your questions led us down the right path...

I feel a bit more prepared for my next geneology task, wading through untranslated Italian records at my local Family History Center. 8O

Grazie,

Joanna
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear Ziabella I do not know how well you read and write Italian so I do not want to insult your intellectual prowess but I do not want to overlook the obvious by referring you to a companion book to records and microfilm records in Italian titled Discovering Your Italian anestors by Lynn Nelson which may be helpful. Tante belle cose. =Peter=
KrazyZia
Rookie
Rookie

Post by KrazyZia »

I appreciate your suggestion. I have goals for my Italian language skills that I have not yet reached. I have 2 fluent Italian speaking friends who are very patient and helpful. I also noticed the forum on Italian language and hope to make good use of that as well.

- Joanna
- What cannot be achieved in one lifetime will happen when one lifetime is joined to another.
= Researching Brunetti, D'Aloia, Delfanti, & Milani Family Names. Casalvecchio Di Puglia, & other Arbëreshë communities.