Census Records

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
vdonchi

Census Records

Post by vdonchi »

Does anyone know if Italy has census records like the U.S.? If so, how would I go about getting a copy? Would this be the best way to find out the names Bernardo Donchi's brother's?
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Re: Census Records

Post by BillieDeKid »

Hi,

To find Bernardo's brothers and/or sisters you should order the microfilms from LDS.

Here is the link for the Microfilms for civil records of Treglio.......
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/Library ... ato+civile++

Find a Family History Center (FHC) nearest you, here is the link.......
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/Library ... et_fhc.asp

The films for Treglio range from 1866 to 1929 and include birth acts, marriages, deaths etc. Write down the film numbers you would like to view, go to your FHC and order. Each film is about $5.50 USD to rent and takes about 4 weeks to come in. With these films you should be able to find the marriage record of the parents and all the birth records of their children, including any child that may have passed away.

Let me know if you have any questions or need help with the films.

Regards,
Elizabeth
vdonchi

Post by vdonchi »

Elizabeth,

Thank you for the information. I wasn't aware you could rent out microfilms. I was very happy to find a LDS family history site near my house. Never would have know about all this without you. Thanks again.
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Post by BillieDeKid »

My pleasure and everyone on the site is glad to help.
Charlie72

Post by Charlie72 »

By reading this topic, I just found out that the entire Registro dello Stato Civile from my Great Grandparents' village is on microfilm with the LDS! Does this mean that its at Family History Center about 3 blocks from my home? I can just go there and look at it?
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Post by BillieDeKid »

Hi Charlie,

No the films probably aren't at your center but it wouldn't hurt to call and ask them. If they don't have them there you can certainly order the films you'd like to look at.

If you have any questions post back to the forum. You may want to start a new thread with questions you might have. Everyone here is happy to help.

Regards,
Elizabeth