Information on Christina (christine) Misurelli

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
wargofive

Information on Christina (christine) Misurelli

Post by wargofive »

Hi My great grandmother was Christina (christine) Misurelli (married name) from Bari, Italy, born in 1877, she came to New York and died here in 1953. I would love to get more information on her. Her mother's maiden name etc. Any help would be appreciated. Trying to get this family tree done
Linda
pink67
Master
Master

Re: Information on Christina (christine) Misurelli

Post by pink67 »

Hi Linda and welcome to the forum :D !

can you provide us some more info about your great-grandmother? (did she married in Usa or in Italy? do you have her censuses? which are her child names?), so we can search better for you...

Is this manifest about your Cristina?

1936 arrival:
Page 1:
[img=http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/3958 ... vp1.th.jpg]

Page 2:
[img=http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/9436 ... fp1.th.jpg]

If the manifest is correct her maiden name was Fasano os Stufano (she was going to her brother Giovanni Fasano)...and was from Giovinazzo in the Bari Province...

Laura :D
wargofive

Post by wargofive »

Hi my Great Grandmother's name I believe was Stufano, I remember hearing that name. And her children were Pasqua and Antonia.
Is it possible to get information her people the Stufano's?
You guys on this board are amazing
Linda
Biff83
Master
Master

Post by Biff83 »

pink67 wrote:If the manifest is correct her maiden name was Fasano os Stufano (she was going to her brother Giovanni Fasano)...and was from Giovinazzo in the Bari Province
Giovanni is listed as her closest relative in Italy. Fasano is a comune in Puglia, about 50 miles SE of Giovinazzo. Her destination is her home in NYC. She's been in the states before from 1926-1933.

Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Post by BillieDeKid »

wargofive wrote:Hi My great grandmother was Christina (christine) Misurelli (married name) from Bari, Italy, born in 1877, she came to New York and died here in 1953. I would love to get more information on her. Her mother's maiden name etc. Any help would be appreciated. Trying to get this family tree done
Linda
Hi Linda

You say she is from Bari, is it the province of Bari or the comune of Bari? There are LDS microfilms, so if you can give a little more information we should be able to find you the right films to look at for her birth act, her parents birth acts etc.

Regards,
Elizabeth
wargofive

Post by wargofive »

Hi I am not sure all I know is my grandparents people came from
Giovinazzo, Bari Italy. I hope that helps
Linda
wargofive

Post by wargofive »

Oh one more piece to the puzzle her (cristina) father I am told was married 3 times, buried each wife.
Linda
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Post by BillieDeKid »

I think you might be in luck Linda.

Here are the LDS films available for Giovinazzo, Bari.

Civil records 1809 through 1900
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/Library ... +Giovinazz++

You should be able to find the birth acts, marriages, deaths etc. The birth acts give the parents names so you should be able to trace back to 1809.

You'll need to find your nearest Family History Center (FHC), here is the link.................
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/Library ... et_fhc.asp

Look at the link for the films, write down the film numbers you'd like to view, go to your FHC and order. Cost per film is about $5.50 USD and it take about 4 weeks to recieve the films.

You should be able to find your great grandmothers siblings etc.

Edit to add comment..........you should be able to find all three marriages of Christina's father too!
If you have any questions or need help, just post back. Hope this helps.

Elizabeth