Campanelli Street in Maida

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Meechie

Campanelli Street in Maida

Post by Meechie »

Does anyone know the Church that would have been on Campanelli Street in Maida, in the year 1882-1889? And if so who would I write to for documents. I have new information that the Grandmother I am looking for was left there as a foundling sometime between 1882 and 1889. I cannot find the address on the internet anywhere. Her name was Maria Delle Grazie. This is on the record of her birth that she requested herself on the event of her marriage, but I do not understand some of the transcription.

Thank You,
Meechie
Greco, Grazie, Pettinato, Pupo, Amato, Domenilla
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Campanelli Street in Maida

Post by PeterTimber »

I chekced the entire Maida 88025 and Maida a San Pietrop 88020, Lamezia and Grotteria area for any church on Campanelli Street. I suspect the street no longer exists but if you go to www,.Parrocchie.it and insert Maida a San Pietro thereis a church on Marconi Piazza that comes up when I went to www.mappy.com and put in Via Campanelli, San Pietro a Maida 88020. I sent a comune e-mail to the Mayor asking his office to help identify a a Via campanelli in the Maida area...maybe we will get a christmas present!! Merry Christmas. =Peter=
Meechie

Post by Meechie »

:lol: Peter - I can not thank you enough! I did not think it existed and had no idea what to do! Thank you for doing that, it really means so much to me, and my family. Merry, Merry, Merry, Merry, Christmas!

Meechie
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

GOT IT!! The street is Via Tomasso Campanella, In Maida proper, 88025 off of Highway sp88 entering Maida. Now we have to search out for a church on the street. Go to www.parrocchie.it and insert inthe right box Maida and there will be two churches listed for maida. with names and Addresses. I suspect the first one is the main church so you can either write to them or call them onthe listed telephone number. If you wish to write to them go to www.mangeruca.com and select a letter which you can alter to send in Italian language along with a simple english translation. if the document you have needs translation, perhaps you can scan it to me. Please let me know how I can help you further. =peter=
Meechie

Post by Meechie »

This is so awesome! I am really excited to finally be able to find something out. I so appreciate this, and your time and help! I did go to the parrocchie.it, but had no idea what to do because I do not understand Italian. This will help so much. I really appreciate your offer to help. I am really grateful for those of you who give your time to help others here. I really wouldn't have got too far without your help!!!

Thanks again, really, and Have a Happy Holidays!
Meechie
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Send me a copy of the document via e-mail if you wish and I can try to translate the portion of the document you cannot read. =Peter=
Meechie

Post by Meechie »

Peter - hope your holidays were wonderful! Sorry so long getting back to you I have had a house full. I have that document if you are still interested in looking it over. However, I do not know how to attach it to this post. I am a little new at this forum thing!

Thanks,
Meechie
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear Meechie sorry that I have not gotten back to you sooner but I was away for the post-holidays when everybiody goes home and the slopes are uncrowded. If you wish you can send me a scan of the document to me via e-mail then i will send you my e-mail if you do not have it.e know. =Peter=
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

I do not know how to attach it to this post

One way

Go to imageshack
Click ‘Browse’ to find it on your computer
Click (or double-click) on your document when you find it
Click ‘Host It’

(do not resize it)

After it loads up, go to the last option
‘Direct Link’,
Copy the address and paste it into your post
---

Peter, Missed you :D ! Valarie
Meechie

Post by Meechie »

Valerie - thank you so much! I will try that, have I already sent to Peter via email. I finally figured out there were two ways to post. Sorry, "blush" just learning. Thank you for your help!
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear Meechie here is the forum to post your response to my translation of the foundling record. They used the word turning wheel when years ago illegitmate children were deposited in a basket that turned around into a church or foundling home thru the walls to the other side and would ring a bell. In Italian it is called the Ruuota dei trovatelli. =Peter=
Meechie

Post by Meechie »

Dear Peter - thank you so much for the translation. It did make it clear to me the date of her birth and what transpired. I really appreciate the time you have taken to do this for my family and I. I will write to the church as you suggest and maybe have some good news in a couple months, yeah?!! My best to you and all those who have been so kind to respond! :P

Sincerely,
Meechie