Basciano and Marrocco surnames

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
gina martin

Basciano and Marrocco surnames

Post by gina martin »

Hi,
I am researching the Basciano and Marrocco families from Rocca San Giovanni, Chieti. My grandparents, Michele Basciano and Angela Marrocco, went from Rocca San Giovanni to Peterborough, Ontario, Canada in the early 1920s. Grandpa's brother, Nicola Basciano, and my grandmother's brother, Rocco Marrocco, also went there. Grandpa's sister, Maria Francesca Basciano, married Giovanni Marrocco and went to Brazil in 1910.
Grandpa's parents were Antonio Marrocco and Giovina Di Rado. My grandmother's father was Andrea Marrocco. Andrea and his wife had a number of children including Angela (my grandmother) Rocco (went to Canada), Assunta (married a Schiarizzia), Nicoletta, Adeline, Alodia, Guido, Fiorindo and Antonino (went to Canada). The only children I know of for Antonio Basciano and Giovina Di Rado are Michele, Nicola and Maria Francesca. There may have been others.
I know that my grandfather served Italy in the First World War and we have his medals here with us in Canada. I am attempting to find some military information as well but I am not sure where to look.
In the early 20s, there were a number of Italian immigrants to Peterborough, Ontario, Canada. Names included Giardino, Campanaro, Minicola, Caccavella, Vitarelli, Pepe, Mattucci, Basciano, Marrocco, Aimola, Delpallaro and Rochetta. If anyone needs help with any of these names I would be very glad to assist.

Gina
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

You can obtain military records after 75 years from the Provincial archives in Chieti. Write to Director Carmine Viggiano, Archivio di Stato Chieti, Archivio Militare, Via F. Ferri 27, Postale 66100, Abruzzo, Italy and request his discharge records....Foglio di Congedo illimitato or his Registro di Ruolo. Peter
gina martin

Post by gina martin »

Thanks so much Peter. This information is very much appreciated.

Gina
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Just in case: www.freetranslation.com Peter
Patricia1

Re: Basciano and Marrocco surnames

Post by Patricia1 »

My search is for the Aimola surname. My grandparents were from Rocca San Giovanni. Tommaso and Annie Aimola. Both had same surnames. Married in 1897 in Rocca.

Two children born in Italy (both girls). Tommaso immigrated to Peterborough around 1904 we guess. I have Annie Aimola immigration passenger list showing she arrived 28 Jun 1906 with two children. Ship's name Italia. Port of arrival New York.

Wish I could find out for certain when Tommaso arrived. He came first with his brother Peitro.

Subsequent children were born in Peterborough including my mother Maria Aimola. The family moved to Toronto around 1924.

Any help with this name in Rocca San Giovanni would be greatly appreciated.

In passing, the Marrocco surname is familiaryr to me as well. My mother talked about a Bishop Marrocco when she livd in Peterboro growing up. Must be a connection there as well.
Sandra Easton

Post by Sandra Easton »

I just read your message today. On June 5,2011 we are holding a 100 Wedding Day Anniversary for Camillo Romagnoli & Enrichetta Aimola. We are planning for about 150 Aimola and Romagnoli, DeToro and Marrocco. They were both born in RSG and Grandfather came to Canada in 1902 or 1903. Enrichetta's sister, Artemezia married a Marrocco and we have a good deal of Genealogy on her branch of the Aimola family. I was looking for a Basciano who was the Curator of the Peterborough Museum to invite her to the Celebration but could not locate her. Also have been in contact with Christine Marrocco. I believe we have mutual interests and relations from the data I have collected. If you want more information please contact me. I would prefer to talk with you or e-mail directly.

Sandra Romagnoli Easton
Sandra Easton

Post by Sandra Easton »

Gina Martin, I was given your name by one of my cousins Brian Romagnoli. I wanted to tell you about the Romagnoli/Aimola Family Re-union that we are having on June 5,2011. I believe that we have Aimola, Basciano and marrocco connections. I prefer to talk directly. How can we achieve this. Would you be interested? Sandra Romagnoli Easton