Benigni

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
barbaraday605

Benigni

Post by barbaraday605 »

I am trying to find out why there are Benigni familie's that are italian that live in Austria. hey obviously are Italian, and they came to the USA around late 1880's into the Pennsylvania are.
Anyone have an insight of this family and the reason they lived in Austria.........I don't know too much about the history and have seen Italians in Austria before in records.
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Re: Benigni

Post by BillieDeKid »

Hi barbaraday.........welcome to the forum.

Here is a historical map that will explain.
http://www.zum.de/whkmla/histatlas/italy/haxitaly.html

Are you looking for a particular family member? Do you have manifests from Ellis Island? If you can give as much detail as possible, people on the forum should be able to help.

Regards
Elizabeth
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Despite the accordian borders of northern Italy over the centuries, the name Benignus stems from Roman Imperial times down to Bengno and Benigni sothe names has deep roots. =Peter=
bbango
Rookie
Rookie

Post by bbango »

barbaraday605,

My great-great grandmother was Louisa Benigni who was born in Cauvastro, Province of Trentino and her father I believe was born in Austria and some of Louisa's brothers and sisters were born in Austria also.

Louisa also married Oreste Sebastiani who's last residence was in Austria before he came to the states.

So I too have wondered about the Austria connection, but they are clearly Italians, but some have moved around probably :)

---

I forgot to mention that Louisa came to Pennsylvania also to the Punxsutawney area
Surnames: Bonghi/Bongo/Bango - Strano - Sebastiani - Polito - Serge - Benigni - Micale - Mondi
lindab

Post by lindab »

My maiden name is Benigni. My grandfather was Cansio (Canzio), son of Valente Benigni, who was a brother to Louisa, Ottilia, Silvio, Louis, Attillio, Stanislo, Virginia, Purificata, and Bonafazio. My father's name was Rudolph Valentino. I do have a family tree that was given to me by a cousin.
chirico

Post by chirico »

I have an uncle by the name Reno Benigni who lived in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania.
lindab

Post by lindab »

Italy took over a part of Austria...see internet articles about that...I am from the Benigni family that was from Austria originally...and would love to be in contact with others from that family.
lindab

Post by lindab »

Barbara, I have a family tree and your family is part of it...you need to register in a way that I can get your e-mail.
Barga

Post by Barga »

HI the most famous present italian actor is Roberto Benigni from
Tuscany. Its a tuscan name. It means "bringer of Good"