Borrelli family in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
patriziofam

Borrelli family in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania

Post by patriziofam »

I am trying to find information On a John Borrelli who was married to my aunt Santella Patrizio. He passed away in the 1970s. I tried to go through the Catholic Diocese of Pittsburgh, however, they have this rule about someone being deceased for so long before research records are opened.
Have you ever heard of such a dumb thing before??
Thanks,
Anthony Patrizio
patriziofam@comcast.net
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Borrelli family in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania

Post by PeterTimber »

Yes I do believe you since I tried to get all the baptismal,marriage and death records from the only church inCroton NY for the thousand odd italian immigrants brought over to build the Croton Dam and who made their homes at the site in the town of croton,NY. The Priest would not speak to me and the gals in the office deniend me access to him and when I volunteered to get the boxes of records down from the attic (supposedly there) I was told it would hurt the priests back. I did not take it up with the Diocese at St. patricks Cathedral as I doubted that I could get their cooperation without legal pressure....and all I wantted to do is locate one record of death to locate the grave of someones grandfather. So yes I do believe you.

What information are you looking for, perhaps we can get it from the Social security Adminstration. Please let me help you. =Peter=
misbris
Master
Master

Post by misbris »

Here is a possibility.

JOHN BORRELLI
DOB 06 Jul 1904
DOD Apr 1975 15104 (Braddock, Allegheny, PA)
Pennsylvania

I think Pittsburg is in Allegheny County.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

I was able to place John Borrelli on census with wife, however was not able to download the image.....internet connection is slower than molasses right now........if you could be more specific in what type of information you are seeking to locate on John, we have a great team here who can guide you in the right direction!!

wldspirit

and your right misbris.... Allegheny County....Pittsburgh
is the county seat. :wink:

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
annettekp

Post by annettekp »

Hi Anthony

I live here in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania. I found who I believe to be your John Borrelli in the Social Security Index.

John Borrelli
birth 6 July 1904
death April 1975
SS# 169-10-5167
State of Pennsylvania

Last Residence:
Zip Code 15104
Braddock , Allegheny, PA
Rankin, Allegheny, PA

I'm not sure why they list both Braddock and Rankin, however, I do know that the two towns are side by side. I hope this helps!

Annettekp
patriziofam

Post by patriziofam »

Thanks to all I hope to now find out if my Uncle John Borrelli was somehow related to the Borrelli families in Port Vue and Glassport, Pennsylvania. I wil be trying the Mormon Church library when I get time.
Anthony Patrizio