Geneologist Needed In the U.S. (Louisiana Records)
Geneologist Needed In the U.S. (Louisiana Records)
I have completed my appointment with the SF Consultate for my dual citizenship and all went well! The question I have is I have a sacramental marriage record for my great grandparents obtained from the Archdiocese of Baton Rouge. They were married at St. James Parish in Convent, Louisiana. However, I had the clerk of court in St. James Parish search for a civil marriage record (none found) and I also had the East Baton Rouge Clerk of Court do a search (none found). The thing is the sacramental record is a mess with lots of wrong spellings of names but the archivist at the Archdiocese who sent me the sacramental record said there was a little blurb on the document that the license was obtained in East Baton Rouge and it was signed by the clerk of court of East Baton Rouge. So I am wondering why they can't seem to find it in their records. The consulate officer seemed okay with the sacramental record but if I can find a civil record I would like to do that and send it in to the consulate. The consulate office did mention how much of a mess the sacramental record was and I don't want this to become an obstacle when they do a final review of my application. Is there any way someone can help me try to find this civil record? Of course, I will pay a professional geneologist if they think they can help me! I appreciate your help!
Re: Geneologist Needed In the U.S. (Louisiana Records)
Have you tried Random Acts of Genealogy Kindness??
They have volunteers who are willing to do record look-ups for free!!
http://www.raogk.org/louisian.htm
wldspirit
They have volunteers who are willing to do record look-ups for free!!
http://www.raogk.org/louisian.htm
wldspirit
___________________________
"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
Re: Geneologist Needed In the U.S. (Louisiana Records)
Thank you so much! I will give them a try.

