looking for Bonanni, Calandrelli, Boccanera, Conti...

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mizbaz

looking for Bonanni, Calandrelli, Boccanera, Conti...

Post by mizbaz »

I am looking for information for the Bonanni family from an area near Rome father Augusto, mother Irena Boccanera, kids maria irena (stayed in Italy), Ercole, Americo, Carolina and Egidio. settled in Niagara falls, NY

Calandrelli Family father Stefano, mother Elvira Boccanera, Clelia (Gladys) only one born in Italy, rest in Niagara Falls, NY Richard, Anthony, Ernie, Fred(Fernando), Robert, Arthur and Tecla.

Luigi Conti came from Strangalagalle and ended up in Pennsylvanis (Clearfield area) before relocating to Niagara Falls, NY

any info appreciated.

:D
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

In Italy all records are in the town of origin. If you go to www.ellisisland.org for their entry into the uSA as immigrants and research for the town of origin. When you get the town of origin then you can check out the entire family surname by surname for either one town or several towns with microfilm for EACH of the towns or one micorfilm if they all come from the same town and trace it back to the early 1800;s. Peter
jtapia

Re: looking for Bonanni, Calandrelli, Boccanera, Conti...

Post by jtapia »

I know that Ercole (means Hercules) and that there is a tower built in Cori, Italy (Latina/Lazio) in honor of Ercole. Cori is about 30 miles southeast of Rome. That is where my ancestors are from - maybe you can check for that area (just a suggestion).

Sorry I could not be of more help. My family surnames are NASINI, DI CAVE (DE CAVE), CIUFFA and CORBI.